Standard (Tent/RV)
About Moose Hillock Camping Resorts

Whether you’re in an RV or a tent, Moose Hillock campground is the largest in the Lake George region. Each site is spacious, level and offers the best in wooded privacy. Just ask any of our past guests, WE OFFER THE BEST CAMPSITE PRIVACY IN THE ADIRONDACKS! Our sites are full hook-up and come with water, sewer, cable TV, and 20-30-50 amp electrical services. Moose Hillock campsites are large enough to handle ANY SIZE camper and feature a natural stone fireplace along with a family size 8 ft picnic table. Less than 10 miles from Lake George, you can get away from it all or have it all nearby!

Private
RVs and Trailers
30 amp Hookups
50 amp Hookups
Max Length: 100 ft.
Moose Hillock Camping Resorts is located in New York
12 Reviews of Moose Hillock Camping Resorts
Huge Sites!

The sites at this park are huge. You could have parked three RVs in our site. Added bonus is that there is nice separation between sites with trees and shrubs that block out your neighbors and provide lots of privacy. Pretty much all the sites are the same except that a dozen or so don’t have as many large trees around them and are pretty open. The angled sites and wide roads make backing in very easy.

There are closer campgrounds to the town of Lake George but none of them are as nice and the sites are so much closer together you feel like you are camping with your neighbor. The large pool(a.k.a.“Aloha Beach Tropical Swimming Pool”) is the major attraction for this park. It is touted as the largest heated campground swimming pool in the northeast and features caves, waterfalls, waterslides, led lights, swim-in theater for nighttime movies, and cabana rentals. It was closed while we visited due to the Corona Virus but I’m sure it can get quite busy in the summer. Attached to the pool is also a café serving lunch and dinner which is convenient for being at the pool all day(but it was also closed during our stay). If you want internet, bring your own because there in none at campsites. I was able to use my Verizon hotspot which worked fine. There is a cable hook-up at each site. I was able to use my roof-mounted satellite dish and get reception but that would not be true for all sites. The bathrooms and laundry were clean but laundry costs were high at $3.50 for a wash and $3.00 for a dry. The park is very large so if you want to be near the pool/entertainment area or nearby bathrooms, pick your site accordingly. The park has a nice camp store with everything from t-shirts to RV supplies to food. You are allowed to bring a golf cart or rent one from the campground so watch out for the flurry of golf carts driving around(especially those operated by teenagers). If you need propane, there is a very convenient fill-up as you enter the campground.

Nearby is good hiking in Adirondack Park where trails range from easy to difficult and have some great views of the lake and surrounding area. The Inman Pond Trail(about 15 minutes north of the campground) is a nice easy walk in the woods which takes you to a pretty pond good for fishing and a great place for my dog to swim. Others like Pinnacle Trail and Buck Mountain have great views of the lake and surrounding area. This campground does come with a high price tag. It was $66/night during the first part of our stay but them jumped up to in-season rates that were $99/night plus $20/night because it was a holiday weekend(and they consider the Thursday before Memorial Day part of the holiday). We did get a 20% Covid-19 discount because many activities were cancelled and the pool was closed but that is still pretty steep.  Their price for firewood is $9 for an average size bundle but there are plenty of places along Route 149 with better prices.

Huge sites, love the privacy!

Stayed before peak season in the days leading up to Memorial Day weekend. Very quiet and park was almost empty as they had just opened for the season 2 days prior. Covid 19 I'm sure was part of the reason. As a result the playground and pool was closed. Still loved it there. Golf cart rentals (4 and 6 person) were expensive so we just walked the park multiple days. Each site is gigantic and well thought out and can easily say there is not a bad site in the place. Best sites are along the outer perimeter as they provide more privacy. We stayed in site 137 and had woods and some flat grassy areas behind us. A family could easily set up badminton or play catch back there. It's a short drive to Lake George Village, Great Escape and the Erie Canal system and southern end of Lake Champlain. Great ice cream and mini golf located walking distance from the park. We will definitely be back!

Large sites, planned activities, minutes from lake George

Campground has large full hook up campsites and plenty of them. Each site is mostly level and seems private with having greenery around each site. There are planned activities each day like limbo, scavenger hunts, movie night at the pool( in summer months) and a great pool to swim in with two water slides. At $96/ night it is pricey, but still less expensive than staying at a hotel resort. Bonus is you camp in July, there are raspberry bushes throughout the park!!

Great campsite, great pool. Cafe service is horrendous. Preachy.

The goods:

Campsites are the largest and most private I've ever seen. Fantastic. Good privacy.

Dunno why others are complaining about the 3 rocks as a fire pit. Plenty functional and directs the heat out towards the seating area.

The pool is as good as it looks in the pictures. Your kids will be here every day and love it. The deepest the pool gets is around 4 feet. There are 2 slides and they are pretty well monitored.

The check in staff and the store staff are great. Very helpful. The camp store is pretty well stocked.

The needs improvement:

The café staff are completely incompetent. I went through 3 people to find someone that spoke English. A very basic order of 2 slushies took over 20 minutes and they were both wrong. I watched the same thing happen to the next 4-5 families while my kids drank their slushies. It has a ton of potential but terrible execution. I tried again a day or two later and bought some lunch, it took an hour and the order was wrong.

The playlist at the pool area seems to alternate between Jimmy buffett / Bob marley (great!) and a 5 year old's sunday school religious kid songs (wth??). Super annoying. Combine that with the pamphlets handed out at check-in, it's a little preachy. Save that for church, I'm here to camp, Thank you.

HUGE sites!

The sites are very large and clean. The kids loved the pool. No internet connectivity in most areas. Clean campground. Plenty to do in the local area.

Favorite campground in NY!!!

Me and my family go here at least twice a year. Its our favorite getaway spot. The campsites are nice and secluded but extremely spacious which is a very rare combination. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Great location within a short driving distance from Lake George.

Nice large spacious sites

Attended the Adderondack Baloon festival, stayed here for 3 nights, it was off season so the pool was closed. Pretty much every site was nice & private. Some friends came for a 2 hour visit & had to pay a $12/per person visiting fee. Wicked UNREASONABLE , we've camped a lot I've never seen the fee so high especially for off season, there's nothing to do so why such a high fee, I don't get it.

Great place to stay

Sites are massive. Even though this is a private campground, each site is like it’s own private oasis with plenty of trees to make you feel like you are camping at most state campgrounds. You are not on top of your neighbor and can actually have some privacy. Great pool (actually boasts the largest heated pool in the Northeast US) and activities. super clean bathrooms and laundry. My only “knock” against is the fire pits. 3 haphazardly arranged rocks does not constitute a legitimate fire area.

great family campground

beyond clean facilities. very friendly and helpful staff. Went with 3 kid under 8yrs old. they had a blast abd so did we, they have family activities everyday too

Great Family Campground. Big sites

Sites are huge. Plenty of room for our RV, and small tent. Private. Can’t say enough about the pool. We had multi-generations camping. From the great grandmother to 2 1/2 yr toddler we all enjoyed the pool. Walk in style, large, heated, slides. Loved it. Nice playground. Came a bit pre-season last year for weekend. Downside.. had to wait till 2wks prior to book since we are under the 4 night minimum in season. pricing is for 2 adults, 3 kids. our family is mainly adults now so it really jumps the price. We camp with our 2 adult kids & my Mother plus my grandson. So we have to pay for 3 adults an extra $12.00 a night each! Adds up fast

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift