About Moose Hillock Camping Resorts - NY

Whether you’re in an RV or a tent, OUR CAMPSITES ARE THE LARGEST IN THE LAKE GEORGE REGION! Each site is spacious, level and offers the best in wooded privacy. Just ask any of our past guests, WE OFFER THE BEST CAMPSITE PRIVACY IN THE ADIRONDACKS! Our sites are full hook-up and come with water, sewer, cable TV, and 20-30-50 amp electrical services. Moose Hillock campsites are large enough to handle ANY SIZE camper and feature a natural stone fireplace along with a family size 8 ft picnic table. Less than 10 miles from Lake George, you can get away from it all or have it all nearby!

Private
Moose Hillock Camping Resorts - NY is located in New York
10 Reviews of Moose Hillock Camping Resorts - NY
Large sites, planned activities, minutes from lake George

Campground has large full hook up campsites and plenty of them. Each site is mostly level and seems private with having greenery around each site. There are planned activities each day like limbo, scavenger hunts, movie night at the pool( in summer months) and a great pool to swim in with two water slides. At $96/ night it is pricey, but still less expensive than staying at a hotel resort. Bonus is you camp in July, there are raspberry bushes throughout the park!!

Great campsite, great pool. Cafe service is horrendous. Preachy.

The goods:

Campsites are the largest and most private I've ever seen. Fantastic. Good privacy.

Dunno why others are complaining about the 3 rocks as a fire pit. Plenty functional and directs the heat out towards the seating area.

The pool is as good as it looks in the pictures. Your kids will be here every day and love it. The deepest the pool gets is around 4 feet. There are 2 slides and they are pretty well monitored.

The check in staff and the store staff are great. Very helpful. The camp store is pretty well stocked.

The needs improvement:

The café staff are completely incompetent. I went through 3 people to find someone that spoke English. A very basic order of 2 slushies took over 20 minutes and they were both wrong. I watched the same thing happen to the next 4-5 families while my kids drank their slushies. It has a ton of potential but terrible execution. I tried again a day or two later and bought some lunch, it took an hour and the order was wrong.

The playlist at the pool area seems to alternate between Jimmy buffett / Bob marley (great!) and a 5 year old's sunday school religious kid songs (wth??). Super annoying. Combine that with the pamphlets handed out at check-in, it's a little preachy. Save that for church, I'm here to camp, Thank you.

HUGE sites!

The sites are very large and clean. The kids loved the pool. No internet connectivity in most areas. Clean campground. Plenty to do in the local area.

Favorite campground in NY!!!

Me and my family go here at least twice a year. Its our favorite getaway spot. The campsites are nice and secluded but extremely spacious which is a very rare combination. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Great location within a short driving distance from Lake George.

Nice large spacious sites

Attended the Adderondack Baloon festival, stayed here for 3 nights, it was off season so the pool was closed. Pretty much every site was nice & private. Some friends came for a 2 hour visit & had to pay a $12/per person visiting fee. Wicked UNREASONABLE , we've camped a lot I've never seen the fee so high especially for off season, there's nothing to do so why such a high fee, I don't get it.

Great place to stay

Sites are massive. Even though this is a private campground, each site is like it’s own private oasis with plenty of trees to make you feel like you are camping at most state campgrounds. You are not on top of your neighbor and can actually have some privacy. Great pool (actually boasts the largest heated pool in the Northeast US) and activities. super clean bathrooms and laundry. My only “knock” against is the fire pits. 3 haphazardly arranged rocks does not constitute a legitimate fire area.

great family campground

beyond clean facilities. very friendly and helpful staff. Went with 3 kid under 8yrs old. they had a blast abd so did we, they have family activities everyday too

Great Family Campground. Big sites

Sites are huge. Plenty of room for our RV, and small tent. Private. Can’t say enough about the pool. We had multi-generations camping. From the great grandmother to 2 1/2 yr toddler we all enjoyed the pool. Walk in style, large, heated, slides. Loved it. Nice playground. Came a bit pre-season last year for weekend. Downside.. had to wait till 2wks prior to book since we are under the 4 night minimum in season. pricing is for 2 adults, 3 kids. our family is mainly adults now so it really jumps the price. We camp with our 2 adult kids & my Mother plus my grandson. So we have to pay for 3 adults an extra $12.00 a night each! Adds up fast

Great pool. Large sites.

One of the best pools in a campground that I have ever seen. Sites large and level. Cool fire pits. When we visited they were still getting more activities set up. But it has been a few years so maybe they added more. Great location. Ice cream place across he road is great.

More than just a pool

With the largest walk in heated pool in the north east it is easy to forget there is so much more to the resort. Moose Hillock ny Large private sites, beautiful rental cabins and large custom fire pits at every site it is a wonderful camping location.