About Gifford Woods State Park
Gifford Woods State Park is located in Vermont
6 Reviews of Gifford Woods State Park
First tent camping experience

This was a great place to start our camping adventures. Friendly staff and helpful pointing out places to hike. Site was clean and quiet. Bathrooms were clean and showers were hot. A pleasant treat after hiking.

Beautiful location in VT.

Awesome Campsite - Highly Recommend

This campsite was amazing. Each site had a fair amount of isolation and trees surrounding it, and the mosquitoes aren't too bad there either. 10 minutes away is the trail head for the Bucklin Trail (one of the most difficult trails for Mt. Killington).

Also, the campsite lies directly on the Appalachian trail, so for a shorter or less-intensive hike, walk about 2.5 miles to the Deer Leap Overlook for some incredible views of the mountain ranges nearby.

Absolutely beautiful

We have stayed at this campground twice and have been so happy with it every time. The facilities are great for a state park and the sites are large. It’s a smaller campground which is really great. It’s just a short hike back to the pond, which is very pretty and is along the Appalachian Trail. Very centrally located and takes no time at all to get to Killington and Rutland.

Pristine site in a gorgeous mountain campground

This campground is the number one rated in Vermont for a reason. The staff were wonderful, the sites are pristine and picturesque, the faculties are decorated with wildflowers. We met a number of AT through hikers, who were very willing to share their adventure stories.

Gifford

Good trip. Wished there was better swimming nearby. Great trail to Deers Leap overlook. I think the Apple leanto site is the best in the camp!

Cleanest, friendliest VT state park!

I've stayed at 10 of the state parks of VT. Gifford Woods takes the cake in friendliness of its staff. The park is amazingly clean, well run, located just of RT 4 and very near to Killington, Vermont. It has multiple lean-to sites which are in wooded areas. Cool stone bathrooms and playing fields for kids but the highlight (for me) is access to the Appalachian Trail. The AT runs directly through this park. While on a 4 state section hike I traveled by foot through this park. The ranger gave me an ice cream, pointed me to the showers and then chatted with me for an hour about my hike so far. He also gave me a ride to the Inn at Long Trail to pick up a resupply box since I was a few days behind schedule and low on food. I'll always remember his kindness. Living just across the state line in NH, I have frequented Gifford Woods on 4 other occasions for day hiking with family. Enjoy! I sure did!