The Dyrt Premium Pro Partner

40% off your first night + 10% off following nights.

About Camping on the Battenkill

If your idea of camping is a quiet family campground that brings you back to nature, then you’ve come to the right place. Just north of the town of Arlington on Historic Route 7A you’ll find Camping on the Battenkill. A wooded Family Campground along the Battenkill River with spacious tent, W/E, and full hook-up sites to accommodate RVs up to 45'

Sites

Camping Cabin (RAW)

1 Site

Tent Site (No Hook-Ups)

9 Sites

Water & Electric Site (RV or Tent) ) (Back In)

42 Sites

Full Hook-up RV Site (Back In)

8 Sites

Full Hook-up (Pull Through)

3 Sites

Water & Electric (Pull Through)

9 Sites

Camping on the Battenkill is located in Vermont
10 Reviews of Camping on the Battenkill
Perfection.

I wish I could pick up this campground and take it with us. We had Site 01, a very spacious riverside site with water and electric. There were sites in either side of us, but far enough away to feel private. Across from our site is a large open field with a volleyball net and playground. They even have a fenced in dog area where dogs can go off leash. The owners were extremely helpful and wonderful people. Will definitely be back!

The best family campground

My family and I have been camping here for 40 years. 4 of my 5 children learned to ride their bikes on the circle that surrounds the playground. The owners are great people and the prices are very reasonable. Just can’t say enough about this place.

Great sites and owners are super nice!

We had a water/electric site which I would 100% recommend. They were spacious and private. There is a swim area on the river that the kids loved. Bring a tube because it’s fun to ride down the river to the swim area. We will for sure be back!

Love this place!

Small, mostly wooded, quiet campground. Facilities were spotless. The owners are so nice and welcoming. Great river for tubing or hanging out in the swimming hole.

We there last month tent camping. Headed back with the camper next week!

We go every year and love it

Friends and I camp here every June, and we love being close to the river. We sleep in tents so the sound of the river put  you to sleep at night. Excellent campground for cooking delicious meals over the fir and sitting around the fire later. We also tube down the river. Very clean restrooms and nice staff.

Very clean

All kinds of sites

Mix of nice tent sites and an RV area

I stayed right on the river in site 14 with a small popup. The river is beautiful and the site was huge. We did some fishing and swimming. I get the feeling the other end of the campground with the RVs is not as nice and can be loud, but you can avoid it by staying on the tent side.

Not much for kids

The river is nice.. The "playground" is dangerous and very dated. People get drunk and drive like maniacs through the campground at night. Tubing is fun…

Camping on the Battenkill

We were at site 17, and it was a massive site. Lots of room would be great for a large family or group. The beach on the river is beautiful and clean! Easy swimming for all. Wish there was more privacy, the site had little tree cover between sites, (at our site). Overall great spot, well maintained, clean, with a nice beach. Close to things to do on and off river.

Right along the Battenkill River

Spring camping in southern VT. Trees had not fully leafed out yet when we visited, but I would think this would be a well shaded campground. We had our small camper on a tent site to be near the river. Some sites were right on the river, many larger RVs were closer to an open play area/field. There were hookups and dump station. Dog friendly. Fishing and "swimming" or tubing in season I should think.