Standard (Tent/RV)
Yurts
The Dyrt Pro Partner

Save 10% at this campground.

About Lake George Escape Campground

Excitement and adventure await you at Lake George Escape , a 178-acre resort full of plush woods meadows and direct access to the Schroon River. Surrounded by the six million acre Adirondack Park, you'll find an ideal camping getaway. Visitors come back year after year to enjoy tubing, swimming in one of two beautiful pools, tennis courts, a playground, fishing, river swimming, and a full recreational and social activities calendar. For added excitement, rent one of our outfitted canoes or kayaks and enjoy a scenic trip on the river.

We are conveniently located just off of I-87 and close to local attractions such as the Village of Lake George, Six Flags, Saratoga Springs and more. With so much to do, we doubt you will ever want to leave.

Our RV sites range from easy access clusters to pull-thrus and back-ins. Whatever you need, we can accommodate. Choose from sunbathed, waterfront and wooded sites! Each site includes water, electricity, a picnic table and fire pit. If you don't have an RV, you don't have to miss out on the fun. Pitch a tent or grab some friends and vacation in one of our cozy cabins!

For the best camping around, visit us at Lake George Escape! Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Lake George Escape Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.

*Requires small fee

Encore RV Resorts
RVs and Trailers
Lake George Escape Campground is located in New York
20 Reviews of Lake George Escape Campground
Nasty Bathrooms & Showers

The campground had a lot of great activities, but I can’t say enough about the bathrooms and showers. They were absolutely disgusting. It was very concerning due to COVID-19. They should have taken more care during these times of concern. I would definitely stay away from this campground at least until Covid-19 is over.

Words can’t describe

Messy not friendly

Words can’t describe

Terrible place, rude staff,
Million hungry mosquitos

Fun tubing and great staff

We stayed here back in 2016 when the Adirondack Safari had their glamping sites here. We loved it. The best part honestly was tubing down the river. They had a great camp store that had everything you can think of including great beer.

Disneyworld atmosphere

I have been coming to Lake George escape for 15 years now and I have watched it's transformation from a family run business to a corporate campground. I loved when it was smaller operational wise, It had a more rustic appeal to it , the camp store was small and just had a dated vibe about it. That being said it's become a big operation. They offer everything now , it really is like being at Disney. The daily schedual for the kids it's non-stop all day , they rent golf carts ,kayaks , pedal carts, canoes .They have cabin rentals , pool , a restaurant ,bar , dancing. It's perfect if you prefer glamping but you can also get a site off grid at the same time. You need to see there website to get a full picture of it.

Great place

Love this place I’ve been here more then one twice with a tent and once in a cabin

Nice all around

It’s been a few years since we were there last but always enjoyed going here. Facilities were always clean. Campground is pet friendly and have a small dog park. Pool was looking a bit outdated when we were last there but totally functional. We’d go back in a second.

Great place to Camp.

I wish I could go back. I was here several years ago and wish I could find the time to head back here. Wonderful place and great to be among nature!

Fun for all ages!

Great camping store. Arcade room, pool, pedal cars and activities for all ages. Themed Pirate week while we were here.

Family Friendly

Great campground with lots of activities. Daily bounce house, pool activities and DJ at night. Restaurant and bar right next to the pool. Decent size spots.

Year 2021 Flag