Yurts
About Lake George Escape Campground

Excitement and adventure await you at Lake George Escape , a 178-acre resort full of plush woods meadows and direct access to the Schroon River. Surrounded by the six million acre Adirondack Park, you'll find an ideal camping getaway. Visitors come back year after year to enjoy tubing, swimming in one of two beautiful pools, tennis courts, a playground, fishing, river swimming, and a full recreational and social activities calendar. For added excitement, rent one of our outfitted canoes or kayaks and enjoy a scenic trip on the river.

We are conveniently located just off of I-87 and close to local attractions such as the Village of Lake George, Six Flags, Saratoga Springs and more. With so much to do, we doubt you will ever want to leave.

Our RV sites range from easy access clusters to pull-thrus and back-ins. Whatever you need, we can accommodate. Choose from sunbathed, waterfront and wooded sites! Each site includes water, electricity, a picnic table and fire pit. If you don't have an RV, you don't have to miss out on the fun. Pitch a tent or grab some friends and vacation in one of our cozy cabins!

For the best camping around, visit us at Lake George Escape! Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Lake George Escape Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.

*Requires small fee

Private
Lake George Escape Campground is located in New York
17 Reviews of Lake George Escape Campground
Fun tubing and great staff

We stayed here back in 2016 when the Adirondack Safari had their glamping sites here. We loved it. The best part honestly was tubing down the river. They had a great camp store that had everything you can think of including great beer.

Disneyworld atmosphere

I have been coming to Lake George escape for 15 years now and I have watched it's transformation from a family run business to a corporate campground. I loved when it was smaller operational wise, It had a more rustic appeal to it , the camp store was small and just had a dated vibe about it. That being said it's become a big operation. They offer everything now , it really is like being at Disney. The daily schedual for the kids it's non-stop all day , they rent golf carts ,kayaks , pedal carts, canoes .They have cabin rentals , pool , a restaurant ,bar , dancing. It's perfect if you prefer glamping but you can also get a site off grid at the same time. You need to see there website to get a full picture of it.

Great place

Love this place I’ve been here more then one twice with a tent and once in a cabin

Nice all around

It’s been a few years since we were there last but always enjoyed going here. Facilities were always clean. Campground is pet friendly and have a small dog park. Pool was looking a bit outdated when we were last there but totally functional. We’d go back in a second.

Great place to Camp.

I wish I could go back. I was here several years ago and wish I could find the time to head back here. Wonderful place and great to be among nature!

Fun for all ages!

Great camping store. Arcade room, pool, pedal cars and activities for all ages. Themed Pirate week while we were here.

Family Friendly

Great campground with lots of activities. Daily bounce house, pool activities and DJ at night. Restaurant and bar right next to the pool. Decent size spots.

Convenient and family oriented

I stayed at this campground a couple weekends ago. It was very family oriented in the sense of so many activities to do from laser tag to basketball and so much more. I usually prefer to camp where I’m more secluded, but the convenience of the store and the Schroon river being so close for kayaking was def a plus. If you’ve got a big family to keep busy during the summer months this place is for you.

Friendly staff n guests, Clean, All around great activities.

Campground is placed 10 minutes from the bottom of Lake George with great hiking trails in the surrounding area. The campground it’s self it’s very clean in every aspect. On a river with water activities, beach, pool, a BAR, and so many more outdoor activities. Every night there are wagon tours of the campground, staff is seen frequently but very relaxed environment. Very family and pet friendly (They have their own dog park!) This was my 5th summer going up with friends and about our 8th trip overall and every time it’s a great experience!

Camping July 2018

Sites-the section we were in the sites were huge and clean, the grass needed to be cut.

Staff was excellent! Helpful and Courteous

If you need a baby sitter this is a place for you,

No adult supervision . Kids riding motorized scooters, mini bikes, and driving golf carts.

Definitely going over the 5mph posted limit.

Dog park needed to have the grass cut.

Bugs are horrible bring bug spray and a screenhouse.

Don't pay xtra for water site on frog pond. That's exactly what you get a grass and frog swap.

Boat launch clearly marked no swimming and no going to the other side. Clearly people can not read.

If you have young children this is the place for you, many activities for children.

Wi-Fi - If you need internet they charge you for it. Most campgrounds offer free Wi-Fi (we did pay the $15 because we needed it for work).

Over priced if you don't have children to take advantage of the activities offered.

Suggestion allow pet swimming at the boat launch.