Yurts
About Lake George Escape Campground
Lake George Escape Campground is located in New York
14 Reviews of Lake George Escape Campground
Nice all around

It’s been a few years since we were there last but always enjoyed going here. Facilities were always clean. Campground is pet friendly and have a small dog park. Pool was looking a bit outdated when we were last there but totally functional. We’d go back in a second.

Great place to Camp.

I wish I could go back. I was here several years ago and wish I could find the time to head back here. Wonderful place and great to be among nature!

Fun for all ages!

Great camping store. Arcade room, pool, pedal cars and activities for all ages. Themed Pirate week while we were here.

Family Friendly

Great campground with lots of activities. Daily bounce house, pool activities and DJ at night. Restaurant and bar right next to the pool. Decent size spots.

Convenient and family oriented

I stayed at this campground a couple weekends ago. It was very family oriented in the sense of so many activities to do from laser tag to basketball and so much more. I usually prefer to camp where I’m more secluded, but the convenience of the store and the Schroon river being so close for kayaking was def a plus. If you’ve got a big family to keep busy during the summer months this place is for you.

Friendly staff n guests, Clean, All around great activities.

Campground is placed 10 minutes from the bottom of Lake George with great hiking trails in the surrounding area. The campground it’s self it’s very clean in every aspect. On a river with water activities, beach, pool, a BAR, and so many more outdoor activities. Every night there are wagon tours of the campground, staff is seen frequently but very relaxed environment. Very family and pet friendly (They have their own dog park!) This was my 5th summer going up with friends and about our 8th trip overall and every time it’s a great experience!

Camping July 2018

Sites-the section we were in the sites were huge and clean, the grass needed to be cut.

Staff was excellent! Helpful and Courteous

If you need a baby sitter this is a place for you,

No adult supervision . Kids riding motorized scooters, mini bikes, and driving golf carts.

Definitely going over the 5mph posted limit.

Dog park needed to have the grass cut.

Bugs are horrible bring bug spray and a screenhouse.

Don't pay xtra for water site on frog pond. That's exactly what you get a grass and frog swap.

Boat launch clearly marked no swimming and no going to the other side. Clearly people can not read.

If you have young children this is the place for you, many activities for children.

Wi-Fi - If you need internet they charge you for it. Most campgrounds offer free Wi-Fi (we did pay the $15 because we needed it for work).

Over priced if you don't have children to take advantage of the activities offered.

Suggestion allow pet swimming at the boat launch.

Family fun

Lots of things for kids to do here from swimming to helicopter rides.

Glamping at its Finest!

The tent we stayed in was gorgeous! We fit 5 of us comfortably. Linens, blankets and pillows were provided. There was a fire pit, BBQ, picnic table with umbrella, covered platform, and a partition between campsites. There were plenty or outdoor activities to do such as swimming, tubing, kayaking, sports, and bike rentals. They had a gift shop and arcade on site as well. We unfortunately got hit with some pretty bad weather so we couldn't enjoy the grounds as much as we would have liked to but that was obviously not their fault. We had to evacuate the mountain our last evening because of really bad thunder and lightening but the ranger was very helpful and came around to warn us all and encourage us to be careful. They even refunded us for that last night. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a real "glamping" experience! You always see those fancy campsites on Pinterest or Instagram so now you can experience it yourself close to home if you live in NY.

We made the most of our rainy weekend by checking out the town and some caves. Plenty to do in the area of you want to venture out of the campgrounds but if you're there with good weather I doubt you will be bored!!

Love this camp ground!

Always love staying here. My family and I have been going for years.