Camping in South Side Place

153 Reviews of 37 South Side Place, Texas Campgrounds

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Great State Park

Lots to do, hiking, biking, wildlife viewing. Great campground.

Charles M.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

It’s the Beach, Y’all!

We came down to see the beaches of Galveston and we were not disappointed! There is so much to do here that the state park makes a lot of sense.

We came down in June so it was HOT. If you want to camp in this park make sure you are going to RV it.

Also, the beaches are awesome, the wildlife is…

Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Extended Stay Only

I wanted to make a two day reservation for a business trip. The park has good reviews so I thought I would stay as it is close to my event.

The online system would not work so I called and found they are for long term only.

I am disappointed and did not see long term only on the website when I…

Sitenone
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Nice Resort

Spent two nights here on a business trip. The resort was clean and quite, had problems with the access gate code but that was it. Nice staff and fellow campers.

Did not use any of the facilities to comment on.

Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Stormy Night in a Historical Park!

Arrived here just before a big thunderstorm rolled in.

But it was super cool to watch as the lights of Houston illuminated the sky across the bay.

Can camp for up to 3 nights maximum with $10 permit from the courthouse down the street.

No utilities, but large open camping area near fishing…

Tucker B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Stormy Night in a Historical Park!

Arrived here just before a big thunderstorm rolled in.

No utilities, but large open camping area near fishing…

Reviewed May. 14, 2021

A good park near TMC

I stayed here for several months. Once your inside the gates, the park was clean and staff was friendly. I had no problems at the park. Close to the Texas Medical Center. The area around the park is a bit rough.

The Best Family RV Resort

This place is so much fun! They have everything you could want to do right there on the camp grounds. My family and I enjoyed our stay here and made lots of new memories in our new travel trailer.

The Best Family RV Resort

Family Oriented

My family really enjoyed our stay here. The sites are clean and easy to pull through. The kids loved the park and splash pad.

Month of VisitApril

Family Oriented

Month of VisitApril
Susan S.
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Clean & friendly!

Very clean rv park. Very friendly staff. Walk to public beach is .4 miles.

Denny K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Clean family fun

This rv reort is beautiful. It has level concrete pads with full hookups. The bathrooms and laundry facilities were immaculate. There is a waterpark but it wasn’t open yet when we were there. There is a nice covered basketball hoop Area and little park off of site 79 for the smaller kids. A must…

• pool
  • park
  • pool
Becca H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Trails were all very similar

We did see quite a bit of wildlife, observation towers were cool. Store is closed until at least 2022 when the bay side opens.

Denny K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Very family orientated

Lots of stuff for the kids to do great RV park clean neat