Arcola, TEXAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Arcola Camping Reviews
Brand new park

Full hookups with concrete roads and parking pads

Great Getaway

Quiet clean beautiful resort.

Clean Park

Very nice park with all the amenities. Concrete pad, two pools, hot tub, private bath and shower rooms. There’s also an on-site pizza maker and a nice laundry room in which you need to use a debit or credit card with each machine. No need to use quarters. There is beach access right across the street. They have a store with a two flavored daiquiri machines. We stayed 3 nights and loved it. You cannot go wrong staying at this park. Off season rates are the best. And if you use the online booking you will save money. If you call the front office I was told the rates can be higher.

Lovely RV park right on the beach.

We spent 5 days at this park and loved it.  It is right on the beach.  The pads are level with full hookups.  We will definitely return!

Only Place I'd Stay in Crystal Beach

Great FHu, quiet park with great wifi and free laundry!

Bayside Campground very nice

Drive up flat, great campsite. Clean, recently remodeled restrooms and showers. Will definitely go back

Brazos Bend State Park + Aligators!

Ok, I'll admit it. I visited this park for one reason only… to see alligators.

Brazos Bend State Park does have other attractions like miles of hiking trails, campsites, water fowl and migratory birds, but the real attraction for me was simply to see live alligators in their natural habitat. If you have the same motive, this park will not disappoint.

This park is located outside of Houston. During much of the year the temperature can be warm to hot and muggy. I think that the best time of the year to visit might be in the winter during November, December or January. At other times of the year you may need to fight off mosquitos as big as alligators.

There are a number of trails to hike, but I chose trails that would provide the greatest opportunity to see alligators. So we hiked along the 40 Acre Lake to Elm Lake Loop. We first saw a number of water fowl - ducks, cranes, egrets. Then right along the trail we saw a fairly large alligator. Now there are signs that warn to stay a safe distance away from the alligators and it is solid advice. But simply staying on the trail allowed me to pass about 30 feet in front of a resting alligator. I'm guessing that if the alligator wanted to get up and chase me it could have. I just calculated that I didn't need to be faster than the alligator, I just needed to be faster than my hiking buddies.

We all survived and it was a pleasant experience.

Nice place

My parents stays here, long term six months of the year. Very nice looking and staff is professional and pleasant.

Nice and clean

Concrete pads. Lots of room to park. Management was always nice. I heard rumors they didn't like kids but never saw that.