The best TENT SITES camping near
Blockhouse , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Blockhouse Camping Reviews
Great campground- sites small

This campground is very clean and well kept public areas. It is right in the little Pigeon River and most of the sites are right on the river. They have some yurt-like tents for rent they looked pretty nice. We had site 58- which was nice bc it was larger than many of the sites- it was not right on the river- but short walk to the water. Great facilities and staff was welcoming and helpful in sharing info about local attractions and the Smokies.

Secluded But In the Middle Of It All

This was a great little campground. It’s just a very short drive to Gatlinburg and the Sugarlands Visitor Center of GSM National Park. The campground offers full hookups, PRIVATE bathrooms with great showers, ice and firewood sales, shuttle to downtown, and waterfront sites. We stayed in site #16 and it was perfect! It’s one of their wider sites so we didn’t feel we were on top of our neighbors. The Little Pigeon River was just steps off the back of our camper. My kids enjoyed the swimming hike as well although the water was freezing. The staff was friendly and everything was very clean. It’s pricey, but I’d definitely go back!

Nothing really bad. Lots for kids to do, sites not completely level. Pizza was good. Propane fairly priced.

Good cable, easy hookups. Most sites have dual sewer connects, makes it easier.

One drawback.. I assume owner was riding two different motorcycles, and a gator, so a little noise then, but mostly quiet and nice at night. I would stay again.

Road leading in is VERY narrow, don't know how two rigs could pass each other.

Get a patio site if you can, they're very nice.

Great for Families!

There are so many amenities at this campsite for the whole family. A nice pool, games, paths, pet play areas, etc. Once you get set up here, there really is no reason to go off-site,it is a really nice KOA. We did venture out for several hikes and enjoyed seeing all of the Elk in the smokies. A super cool area!

Would visit again!

I love Elkmont because of the River…and we were finally able to get a reservation on the River (B09) and I’m shocked to say I won’t stay on the River again. River spots are closer together and talking over the roaring is difficult at times. Gorgeous but loud. Waste water system was being worked on so Port-o-Potties were setup where each bathroom was. Inconvenient, but they were cleaned and pumped out each day which made it tolerable. Concessions stand doesn’t open until May. This campground remains a favorite of mine, but our trip was not what I had expected it to be this time. Will 100% go back and I think everyone should stay there at least once.

Beautiful campsite under a canopy of trees

26 is an absolutely gorgeous campsite! Houses 10 tents and the trees are so plentiful, its perfect if you're a hammock camper. Two fire pits. Tent sites at the front and back, although the sites in the back have more roots to contend with. Two bag pulley systems.

The water source is 0.1 miles down a little trail off from the front sites, and it's a trickle spring, and although it takes some time to fill 3 water bladders, it's still a decent source. Many downed trees from long ago that surrounds the site and near the main trail gives you plenty of wood for a fire. The coyotes and owls were vocal and active up there. And the highlight of our stay was we were "joined" by 2 does during breakfast.

Nice but....

This is a campground with lots of trees and water front lots but seems like the prime areas are filled with long term campers, so much for the 14 day limit, no openings for the weekenders near the beach area and only a couple of waterfront sites are available. The road is rutted and potholes thru out and our neighbors ran their generator all night, very loud considering I was in a tent. I’ll probably stay again but not my top choice.

Hope you like walking uphill

BEAUTIFUL hike. It's all uphill till you get there, but totally worth it.

Clean, Convenient, and Friendly.

If you're going to go to Smokie Mountain National Park, the is the side to stay on. Gatlinburg is absolutely nuts while Townsend is about 1000% calmer. The KOA is exactly what you'd expect. Knowledgeable staff and clean facilities.

Pros:

-Fantastic bathrooms and showers. Laundry was on point as well.

-The river is beautiful

-Immediate access to the national park

Cons:

-Like most KOAs, it's packed.

-Children run the night like Westside Story.

-The playground was the center hub of a swarm of bees.

Long story short, stay here. It's great.

Deiving tour and hike

Unreal and must visit Smoky Mountain destination. Awesome automobile loop scenic drive and several other hiking paths we took. All sort of wildlife and abandon cabins and farm houses.