The best GROUP camping near
Atoka , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Atoka Camping Reviews
Easy Access to Graceland

Nice park. It’s not fancy and not run down. I was a little hesitant to come here (during Covid-19) based on the reviews. The more I looked into the reviews, I realized most of the bad reviews are for a different RV Park.

Most people who stay here are coming for Elvis Presley’s Graceland tour. The RV Park is great if you are doing the same. If you’re not, there’s not much to do here and the spots are close together.

You can walk right from the RV park to the museum. There’s a private gate from the campground to leads to the museum so you don’t have to drive anywhere.

The camp ground is clean, they’ll come and pick up your trash and take it to the dumpster and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. We needed a packaged delivered for work and it arrived before we did and the office would be closed by the time we pulled in the gate. They left it outside of the office door for us per our request.

I felt completely safe at the camp ground. They a have a 24-hour security guard at the entrance and you must sign-in to enter the property. While my husband was at work in downtown Memphis (Main & 2nd) his truck window was broken out and the person went through the truck. It happened right next to the job site, caught on camera and no one saw it happening. It took 15 minutes total for the break-in to occur. The same thing happened to two other workers from the same crew the week before. The police don’t come out and investigate. Be careful and don’t leave anything valuable in your vehicle outside of the RV park. From what I’ve researched since our window was busted out, this happens all over Memphis and it doesn’t matter if you are in a good neighborhood or not.

Clean, friendly, quiet, and convenient

Wonderful stay.  Appreciated the laundry facilities.  Bathrooms very clean

Plenty to see and do

This is my neighborhood campground, so i might be a little biased. A great spot to spend the weekend with lots of good trails, a big lake for paddling and fishing, and quaint camp sites. The bathrooms are clean but have strong serial killer vibes. There used to be a pool here. I’d love to see that open again!

Quieter place to camp

Quiet place in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Memphis. Odorous, there is a water treatment plant close by. We parked the mobile apartment, grabbed an Uber, and went to Graceland.

PS. Uber’s will take you to the Casino at Southland, but they will not pick you up. You have to use a taxi service, which is auto $35.00 to take you across the bridge, back into Tennessee.

Dub Patgton Recreation Area COE

October 16-17, 2019. Site 14 had electric and water. Campground had dump station, showers and flush toilets. Rate was $10 with Sr Lifetime Pass. Verizon 1 bar, boosted got 2 bars. See RV Camping Journal for details.

Nice spot

I booked number 9. It was right on the lake, but shade was limited. The place is fairly clean, and there are clean bathrooms and showers. Over all it’s all right. Nothing too fascinating.

Out of the Way Serene Forest

Meeman-Shelby, north of Memphis, is a nice addition for your camping travels.  Very quiet with decent, if old, shower and toilet facilities. Lots of mosquitoes due to the forest surrounds so be prepared.  Some sites have dual levels so be prepared there, too.  Not much privacy between sites.

Nice hiking and camping

The campground is generally more expensive than the other surrounding camping spots in the area. However, the camp is very nice. It didn’t feel crowded, the restrooms are clean, and the views are nice, especially camps 36-45. There is also good amount of hiking around. There is a longer 12 mile hike close by, and other shorter more challenging and less challenging trails. There is also a lake near by.

Remote Feel Near Big City

I spent a night here in mid/early July and boy was it hot and humid. Bring bug spray! This is a small campground, just one loop, in a state park that’s conveniently located near Memphis. The facilities were not the cleanest I’ve seen but also not the worst. The only reason I noticed the lack of cleanliness and upkeep was because I visited during COVID-19. Because of when I was visiting the campground was the only part of the park open.

Nice for a short stay

This is a nice little campground for a few days stay. Conveniently located near downtown Memphis and Graceland. The road in through the industrial park area has a lot of potholes and train tracks, so go slowly. My site (30) was technically a pull-through but is really just parallel to the driving loop. There is a great hiking loop on-site, moderately challenging due to hills and a broken bridge. There weren’t many other campers there, despite it being a summer weekend. The camp host is friendly and drives by with firewood for sale. There’s no check in procedure, if you reserved a site just go to it and there will be a tag there with your name. If not, you can just pick a site with no tag and register in the morning, the ranger station closes at 4. Cell service wasn’t great with Verizon, but messaging worked okay.

I’m surprised that some people gave this campground bad reviews just because poor people live nearby. The campground itself is nice and secluded and I never felt unsafe. It’s not like there were people wandering in there from the town.