About Center Lake Campgrounds
No Sewer Hookups
Center Lake Campgrounds is located in South Dakota
4 Reviews of Center Lake Campgrounds
Great place for a weekend get away.

Went up for Sturgis motorcycle rally. Stayed the weekend. Had a great time. Got me wanting to go camping again.

All Time Favorite Spot

Water, bluffs, pine trees… what more could you want? This place is perfect! There are great trails around the lake and along the creek. You might even catch some trout if you decide to drop a line in. Watch out for poison ivy along the creek thou.

Custer and all its glory

The center lake campground is the only spot I've stayed at in Custer State Park and I hope to get to camp at all the other campgrounds. This was such a wonderful experience. I personally prefer primitive camping but this area was so beautiful and the campsite was so easy to reserve. Each little site had its own picnic table and fire pit. We had to set up camp and cook dinner late at night, but the campground was so organized that it made it simple to navigate in the dark. There are endless trails and areas to explore in the entire park that it deserves a good whole week to experience it all! I look forward to making our next trip back.

Tucked Away Treasure

Just went for the day, but plan on going back as soon as possible for a few nights. The lake is cool and quiet, tucked away in the center of Custer park. Several trails and tons of fishing spots. There are vaulted toilets and a shower house. Camp sites are next to the lake and spaced well apart. One of my favorite spot s in the Black Hills, saw a buffalo on the drive there too.