The best BOAT IN camping near
Awendaw , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Awendaw Camping Reviews
Another Amazing Weekend

Just got back from another long weekend camping at Huntington Beach State Park in Murrel’s Inlet, SC. This is one of our favorite campgrounds. Sites are level, clean, spaced out and a short walk to the beach. Close to Myrtle Beach attractions if you interested, but quiet and relaxing. Many nature trails and tons of beach for walking.

We were missing out!

We frequent Edisto Beach all summer long and decided a fall camping trip could offer a change of pace - we were right!

The campgrounds at Edisto were awesome! We stayed at one of the marsh front sites (no power no water).. it was incredible!

The trails were perfect for all 5 in our group.. adults and children. The views spectacular during the day and night!

This is a little gem we were literally driving past on the regular. I’m so happy we visited and have yet another reason to love Edisto!

Diamond in the rough

Trevor is very helpful and kind. The place is located close to the beach and downtown Charleston. We were there on a few very hot days after lots of rain so the mosquitos were out in full force. We had 50amp power problems(breaker popped with only one of our two AC running) that I’m sure will be corrected soon. He has a diamond in the rough. With a bit of improvement, it could be great.

A great low-country experience

Fantastic hiking, well maintained (during normal services), and the primitive campsites are the best "get-away" opportunity.

Nature is abundant, both flaura and fauna. So bug spray is recommended to the unfortunate of us that are preyed upon by mosquitoes and the like. Also my dogs love it and it's a great energy burner for them.

Great family/dog place

A lot to do for kids. Close to mount p shopping. There’s an on site dog park that dogs can swing in the lake as well. There’s also frisbee golf on site.

Very nice spot!

A quiet and clean campground with nice sized sites. Bathhouse was super clean. Store had fun stuff. Only complaint is the waterpark is quite loud during the day!

Old castle on site

Great place to stay. Lots to do just at the park or right across the street at Brookgreen gardens. Love staying here when we want to camp close to home but need a peaceful place to enjoy. You can walk down the beach and fish off the jetties gives you a great place to watch the sunset over the ocean.

Great place with lots of options

I have stayed at here several times over the years. I’ve done primitive camping as well as staying in the cabins. I really enjoyed the multitude of options when it comes to outdoor activities. Kayaking, boating, paddle boarding, and fishing just to name a few. The facilities are well laid out and fortunately, at the times I went, it wasn’t too busy. They have a small store if you forget something. Overall great experience each time.

Great family camping

My boys and get together at least once each summer for a guys camping outing. Our last outing was themed- “ Poopin with Sasquatch”. As always we had a great time and our group is growing with grandchildren.

Peaceful place under the oaks

They have really nice cabins on the water. A boat ramp and marina for boats. Really great place to stay if you want to fish around georgetown SC or just explore the history of georgetown. The camp host are wonderful helpful people. There a food lion and gas stations not to far away.