West Haven, OREGON

Camping Oregon West Haven

Most Recent West Haven Camping Reviews
Beautiful place to wake up

Only stayed one night ..The drive was intense in a Honda but I made it…followed someone in…otherwise not sure if I could find it with no service. The spot was peaceful , cleanish toilets and there was a fire ban at the time so we had to bring our own fire pit which was tricky and also called for a lot more bugs . Oh yeah bugs- MOSQUITOES and all the other goodies you find high up in the tops of mountain lakes. But a great find none the less would go again and stay longer since it’s such a drive up.

Peaceful

Great camp spot to keep kids busy! Very quiet and camp spots were perfect distance. Plenty of restrooms. The stream has some swim sections, but not entirely. Bring water shoes!

What a mistake

I used the get directions button. Followed the map.

First off the reviews said phone service there. How? Cell reception drops before even getting to the Forest Road.

To say the road is a little rough is a HUGE understatement. The closer I got to this lake the worse the road got. It went from a decent graveled two lane road to a one lane road, then a dirt road with potholes, to a very narrow dirt track. There was winter storm damage everywhere. Many trees had fallen across the road but the road had been cleared. Still some of the tree branches would rub the side of my car. I would have turned around but there was simply no place to do that. I moved forward hoping to find some way to turn around. Then the road had a large area that was just mud. On the right the land rapidly rose and on the left the land sloped rapidly down into a ravine. Going as slow as possible through the mud I felt the car start to slide towards the ravine. My years of driving prevented the slide down into the ravine. Push on looking for any turn place to turn around. The road became worse and the fallen trees become more abundant. Branches brushing the car almost constant. One of the fallen trees must have been precariously balanced because I heard the scrape on the side of the car and suddenly there was a tree trunk smashing through my windshield. Had there been a passenger in my car they would have died. I did manage to find enough room to turn around a bit farther down the road. After what was a very painful 20 point turn around I made my way out of the nightmare experience and limped back to civilization.

Amazing! Family / pet friendly

Amazing RV Park, well maintained roads, lots, and landscaping. Both fellow campers and staff were extremely welcoming. There was also plenty to do around the campsite between fishing, the small kids park and the park provided activity’s (corn hole, etc.). The only reason I say 4 stars is the sites are a little small. Very little space between other campers.

Great clean place.

Stunning river views and small with only 11 sites that are first come first served. Refurbished a few years ago. This is my go to for during the week over nighters as it’s never been full. Last year I went in June for a solo night and I had the place to myself. Hiking nearby with tabletop rock and about 25 miles of trail right across the road. Only issue I have found is the logging trucks run all night.

Love the site

Not sure of the number, think it was 1 or 2. We got the first site at the entrance. I enjoyed the spot since it was more secluded. Others were surrounded by multiple sites without many trees. We had river access from our site. There is also a little trail at one end of the campsite which was nice.

Love this campsite! Only downside is water is difficult to access

I love this site, it's never crowded! Been here 3 times and it's only ever half filled. Only downside is only being able to access the river by the site that is furthest East. We were able to go down this way since there was no one camping there. Sites are a little crammed, if you have a direct neighbor, they might be kind of close.

HIKER/BIKER Site

I was so excited to find a camping spot that was close enough to bike to. The hiker/biker sites are first come first serve, which was a little nerve wrecking.. We went late April though, to better our chances of finding a spot. We did and there was only one other person there. Though the way the site is set up… there's only one table and one firepit. So you have to be willing to talk to people. Unfortunately, we did not enjoy having to converse with a random man all night…..

Superior RV Resort

We have stayed at Silver Spur RV Park several times before and have always thoroughly enjoyed our time here. Not only is the staff professional, knowledgeable and responsive but also very friendly and they take care to make sure everyone enjoys their stay! It’s clean, very well maintained and close to the many wonderful sights in the area. We would definitely stay here again!

I love this place!

Right on the water, and hiking and beautiful greenery. My pup and I came up last June before the holiday rush. We had the best time I've ever had on a trip! The lovely couple that host were so great and attentive. Will be returning!!