The best WALK IN camping near
Fletcher , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Fletcher Camping Reviews
Quiet, quiet!!

6 miles South of I-40 and just at the edge of Hinton, OK is a small canyon with red and ochre colored walls. Stayed here on a week day so just a few campers here. Well spaced parking pads, 30 amp, water, cooking grill, large fire ring and picnic table for $30. Shower and restroom building adequately clean, but could use a new coat of white paint. Staff were very helpful on phone and in person. It appears to be a well run place. Worth the 6 mile drive from i-40 and a respite from wall to wall sites at some RV parks.

Oasis!

We were shocked by how beautiful this campsite was. It is a hidden valley oasis with grassy campsites and nestled in between trees and surrounded by red rock walls! Campsite owner was super nice and helpful. 15 bucks for a tent site and you get to pick it first come first serve. Super close/easy access to the I-40!

Spectacular place to visit

Doris campgrounds are only open for RV campers due to covid so I couldn’t stay. Mount Scott had some pretty awesome views and I hiked the trail across the road from it by the bathrooms. There is a gate and a path beside it made from vehicle wheels. You can hike pretty far. There are several spots where you cross a creek which was good for my dogs or I think they would have died by the way they were panting lol. It was 91 degrees when I hiked it. Take 2 water bottles for yourself if it’s hot out! The trail ends at a beautiful lake with the mountain in the distance. I walked down to the lake so the dogs could cool off and drink for a while. Def loved taking it all in. There’s cattle but they didn’t mind us one bit.

I did see camping in town right before the blue water towers, along the river/creek there are tent camping spots and a lot of people were fishing. It’s just over the bridge and you can miss it. It’s not on the app so thought I would mention it in my review and added some pics of that area!

Hiking, Fishing, Fun

This is literally the first place we’ve ever been in our pop up so we don’t have anything to compare it to. We were happy with our experience at Red Rock Canyon. We loved the setting with the red canyon walls. Our two kids enjoyed the fishing in the pond (just blue gill but the fishing was fun). We did a little hiking and didn’t even scratch the surface of all the hiking available, lots of rappelling going on and it appeared the local fire department was even out practicing. In the evening they were setting up a large projector screen by the camp shop and looked to be doing a move night possibly. RV sites had a little space to them and included a fire pit, picnic table, and charcoal grill. Electric and water worked just fine. Only part that was less than great was the bathrooms, but they worked just fine.

Little hidden gem

Robinson’s Landing is nestled on the northern side of lake Latonka. The sites have concrete pads with water and 30/50amp hook ups. The sewage dump station isn’t very far directly across from the marina. The roads are gravel leading in from marina but are generally good to travel on. Sites sit close together however if you are lucky to get a water view it’s not bad. What makes this a great place is it’s proximity to the water and marina which offers paddle board and kayak rentals. Close by attraction are the north entry of the Witchsta Mountain wildlife refuge, Meers and Historic Medicine Park.

Mountains in Oklahoma??

This is an awesome place to visit for the day or weekend! It’s only about 3 hours from the Dallas area and is very scenic. Lots of wildlife and fun trails to hike! The campground fills up quick so get there early.

Need Help With Covid 19

Of course, Covid 19 has forced many places to make adjustments, and this is a trying time for all. That being said, this camp is inconsistent with its information online, on this app, and in person. Many amenities and even basic entry had conflicting information, and we were turned away after driving so far to get there. The maps they gave us were also unclear and poorly labeled. The park is beautiful and a must-see, but I’d feel better avoiding this site entirely.

Cleanest spot in Oklahoma!

This is the perfect spot for beginner campers and kids. A few of my favorite things are the staff, the unground pool, clean campsites with fire rings, and nearby water sources, on site playgrounds and hiking trails.

Great area

It was nice and clean had laundry mat that worked and was clean as well