No Fires

No Water Hookups
Wichita Ridge is located in Oklahoma
2 Reviews of Wichita Ridge
Quiet Lake Views

Though still open for the season this campground looks a little forgotten with few campers, overgrown sites and subpar restrooms. Buy the views from these sites at dusk are u paralleled by other sites on the lake.

Sites here are pretty standard with a picnic table, grill and prep station. The road is narrow and though you could navigate an RV here I would not recommend a longer unit.

I found this site to be less improved than Kiowa and less used, however their day use area was nicer with large picnic shelters which can be reserved and include electricity.

The site I selected was waterfront but high enough above the waterline that I would not fear lake waters rising and flooding my space. I was able to easily pull into my site in my small car. The views from this area are uncorrupted by structures and trees and you can clearly see much of the lake, making for beautiful sunsets.

The restrooms at this location were mere pit toilets and it looked as though these hadn’t been maintained in a while. One door was ajar on the men’s restroom midcamp and there were no sinks only non potable water on a spigot outside the restroom.

Perfect Peace on Waurika Lake.

Wichita Ridge Army Core of Engineers (COE) campground is off the major highways enough to make it perfect for quiet sunsets. And fishing if you’re an angler. It’s been three years since I’ve camped there and I hope to make it back one more time fires are allowed, there are bathrooms nearby and as with most COE campgrounds it includes water and electric and an RV dump