The best BOAT IN camping near
Port Jefferson , OHIO

Most Recent Port Jefferson Camping Reviews
Hidden gem

Traveling with a dog is not always easy, but I throughly enjoyed my stay. Will be back again, happy it wasn’t full of people. Wifi strong, Verizon service great, premium electric (I have 30amp and there was a hookup), no water as it’s winter meaning no bathrooms (there is a porterhouse). Clean sites and friendly folks.

Roomy sites!

We LOVE this campground - particularly sites 81-86. The sites are large with plenty of room to spread out, throw the frisbee or play other games. The sites are also near hiking paths that lead to the camper beach.

There is a nice playground down the road from the sites and additional hiking trails on the other side of the campground. Very quiet, peaceful camping.

Off Season and No Water

We love camping in the off season but with that comes closures. Some sections of the campgrounds might not be open, no camp hosts and limited bathrooms and showers houses. This is to be expected, but when I called the morning of our trip to make sure potable water was available and I was told yes it was only to drive 2 hours and realized they were wrong. No water 🙁. This would not have been a peas we have dry camped before but all the bathrooms were closed as well.

After called the park ranger he did let us get some water at the maintenance building so we were at least able to finish the weekend. Lesson learned always pull with at least some water.

Now back to the campground itself was nice and clean. Site are a little close together. The biggest down side is you are there to enjoy the lake but the lake had algae warnings everywhere not to go near the water.

They do have a dog park, pool and splash pad when in season and a marina. Also they have WiFi and good cell coverage.

Nice location

Beautiful hiking, great views of the lake. Nice place to put a boat/kayak in the water. Downside, very few sites have water/sewer hookup. They do have locations to get potable water and a dump station on the way out of the park, we were just hoping to have a water hookup on site.

Indian Lake State Park Campground

Very nice campground with larger campsites. Campers varied from tents to large RV’s. Most sites are shaded with large trees and at the end of the cul de sac’s were canals that let you access the lake from the campground. Even had docks for boat campers. A very pleasant and relaxing atmosphere here. Park and restrooms were clean and the showerhouse in “B” section seemed to have been just remodeled. Some fast food and restaurants were close by with unique places like the “Tiltin Hilton” which offered a selection of sandwiches and beer. Nice large playground for the kids as well. Always seemed to have a breeze through the campsites.

Great Campground

With this being my first time camping, I don’t have much to compare it to, but I really enjoyed my stay! I had spot 66 (non-electric standard) and I just had my tent and my car and I would definitely pick that spot again! It was absolutely stunning over looking the water with the trees turning colors. I went the first weekend in October so they had a lot of families there because they had all sorts of Halloween activities going on, so it wasn’t very quiet, but I still enjoyed myself. Got in on a Thursday and it was decently quiet that day. They have some play areas for kids, a few hiking trails and a wetlands, but most people were fishing and kayaking. There is a store, but I didn’t go in. Tons of spots to camp, from very secluded to right in the middle of the action. Very family friendly place. I think some small rules were broken here and there by some of the families, but it was just little things, so no harm no foul. Overall a great campground!

2nd time with new camper

This was our second time here but with our new camper. Great location of pull through sites for families with kids because of proximity to playground. This will be a regular spot for us in the coming years.

Nice park

The campground and beach were very nice. The facilities are clean and updated. They have a pool on site as well but do to covid it was closed now. There are many playground areas throughout the campground for kids to play at. Some sites are directly on the lake you can pull your jet skis or boats and dock them at your site. There is a boat ramp near the camping beach with a nice large parking lot. The only real negative for me was it was very busy and congested. The campground is such a popular place especially at holidays that it was extremely busy and congested. Some sites were just feet apart from each other.

Great state park

Great access to the lake, really clean great fishing. Will stay again for sure

Great place