The best RV SITES camping near
Green Meadows , OHIO

Most Recent Green Meadows Camping Reviews
Nice location

Beautiful hiking, great views of the lake. Nice place to put a boat/kayak in the water. Downside, very few sites have water/sewer hookup. They do have locations to get potable water and a dump station on the way out of the park, we were just hoping to have a water hookup on site.

Small, but perfect site for us

This was a last minute reservation and only available due to a cancellation. The campground was full for the weekend. The campground is pretty big with different types of sites. Some are smaller, close to neighbors while other have seclusion with trees. From past experience, if it rains, some of the sites do flood. We had great weather this weekend. The site we reserved had a hill right next to the passenger side/door side of your camper. If you had a big camper, it might be tight to open your slides and an awning. You most likely would not sit right outside your camper door. In fact, the fire ring is behind the site and up a small hill. We set up our ez-up in the back and out of the way, it worked for us. There was also a path that led you into the playground. Speaking of playgrounds, you will hear a lot of kids if the weather is nice. We were right across from the camp host (very nice lady) and very short walk to the bathhouse. The bathhouse had 4 flushable toilets and I think 3 showers. The showers did not have benches in the stall, only on the outside directly across. With a full campground, the bathrooms were kept very clean with the amount of people using it. We walked around and noticed a lot of bathhouses and another playground. We took a hike that led us to the lodge - it was an in and out and just under 5 miles. On our way back we stopped at the camp store which was well stocked with items you may need or not. There is a putt putt course, frisbee disc course, horse trails, dog park, nature center, golf course and more trails nearby. There are plenty of things to do if you like to keep busy or are trying to keep kids entertained. (The bees and stinkbugs were out and about while we were there.)

Beautiful setting, but...

For us this campground didn’t work, so much so we left after the first night of a 3 night stay and threw away $80 essentially. We had zero cell reception on both our ATT and T-Mobile phones (huge problem since my husband works from home), there was no water hookups (problem for a family of 6), and the nearest potable water you had to Drive careful to, and the grey tank dump closest to us was in the middle of the campground (couldn’t drive there, so not sure how that was supposed to work). If you want just electric and enjoy peaceful/quiet, this is probably okay for you, but for us we will not be returning nor recommending this campground.

Nice Campground with mix of tent and rv sites

Deer Creek State Park Campground is aptly named. There are deer all over and you can see them from many campsites…though we haven’t seen any deer tick yet. There are many heavily shaded sites and another side is fairly open. Many sites off the main road have hills you need to go down to set up a tent. Comfort Stations (read flush toilets) are usually close by and several Shower Houses are scattered throughout the grounds. Shower houses are in great shape and have plenty of hot water but only 3 showers per house and are fairly small. Campsites are mixed in sizes. Some are great for a small group (3-4) to camp together and have a common area while others are pretty spacious. We are in 109 and have plenty of privacy and overlook a small fishing pond. Nothing close by so pick up any gas, groceries or snacks you want before you get here. Nice place and we’ll definitely come back.

Lovely, well maintained park.

Great tent sites on mowed lawn under old growth trees. Our night’s rest was interrupted multiple times with airport noise—airplanes and helicopters. Note that at this time (COVID) you cannot just pull in and occupy a site. You must call in for a reservation.

Thousand Trails - Wilmington RV Resort

We have been camping here for over 4 years.  We like the location to the State park nearby for hiking trails and mountain biking trails (Ceasar Creek).

They have the following amenities a small Putt putt course, Game room, lending Library, Basketball half-court, horseshoes, Volleyball, GAGA ball area.  They are a nice smaller playground near the pool.  Speaking of the pool it is on the larger side and heated they also have a kids pool and hot tub, there are also laundry facilities on-site.   The campground consists of 3 loops  - A mostly full hookup, B loop Water and Electric and C loop is a mix.    If you like wooded areas check out C loop.

Indian Lake State Park Campground

Very nice campground with larger campsites. Campers varied from tents to large RV’s. Most sites are shaded with large trees and at the end of the cul de sac’s were canals that let you access the lake from the campground. Even had docks for boat campers. A very pleasant and relaxing atmosphere here. Park and restrooms were clean and the showerhouse in “B” section seemed to have been just remodeled. Some fast food and restaurants were close by with unique places like the “Tiltin Hilton” which offered a selection of sandwiches and beer. Nice large playground for the kids as well. Always seemed to have a breeze through the campsites.

Very nice small park and campground

My wife and I love this small state park. There are two main camping areas, wooded and shaded for smaller rv’s, trailers, tenters while the other section caters to larger RV’s and Motor homes with pull thru and longer pads. This section does have some trees but mostly sunny. There is one main bath house that is quite nice and kept clean. Several restrooms are scattered throughout with flush toilets. Camp hosts are friendly and helpful and do a great job of keeping the campground clean when folks leave. There is a small camp store, though its been closed this summer. There are places to get firewood and prices vary from $5-20 per bundle or stack. Marina is on the other side of the lake but only rents small boats and pontoons. The lake is limited to 9.9 hp motors. OK fishing from the beach area and docks. There are a few hiking trails and they do have cabins that have been updated recently. We are there several times a year camping with our teardrop.

Great Campground

With this being my first time camping, I don’t have much to compare it to, but I really enjoyed my stay! I had spot 66 (non-electric standard) and I just had my tent and my car and I would definitely pick that spot again! It was absolutely stunning over looking the water with the trees turning colors. I went the first weekend in October so they had a lot of families there because they had all sorts of Halloween activities going on, so it wasn’t very quiet, but I still enjoyed myself. Got in on a Thursday and it was decently quiet that day. They have some play areas for kids, a few hiking trails and a wetlands, but most people were fishing and kayaking. There is a store, but I didn’t go in. Tons of spots to camp, from very secluded to right in the middle of the action. Very family friendly place. I think some small rules were broken here and there by some of the families, but it was just little things, so no harm no foul. Overall a great campground!

Good not great

Decent spot , some trials but nothing spectacular…