Brookville , OHIO

Camping Ohio Brookville

Most Recent Brookville Camping Reviews
Horrible booking site

We stayed one night at Winton Woods because it was close to friends we were visiting. We needed to stay on a Monday night and tried all weekend (Sat and Sun before) to book a site online. Both the mobile site and the full website didn’t work. There’s a number listed to call “if you’re having trouble booking online”, but of course the office was closed all weekend and didn’t open until Monday. It states that there are no same day reservations, which gave me a lot of stress all weekend not knowing if we were going to be able to book a site. Luckily on Mon morning they let me book over the phone. The campground was mostly open and when I was asked if I wanted a back in site or a pull through, I told them a back in would be fine (I like to leave the pull through for the bigger RVs that need them). When we arrived, we found that none of the back in sites had been plowed! All of the pull through sites were plowed and there were plenty open. It would have been nice for the gentleman on the phone to tell me that when I was booking. Instead we struggled to get into and out of our site and had to walk very carefully around our RV when hooking up and disconnecting. This is a great place for people that live in the city to escape, but we probably won’t stay again. No privacy between sites. And booking was the worst I’ve had at any campground. It is a very pretty urban park though.

Rolling Hills & Good Hiking

With only vault toilets and 10 electric sites, this campground isn’t for everyone. But if you can make it past those unique features, camping here is actually great. With hiking trails directly linked to the campgrounds, it’s easy to explore the beautiful park. And this really is a great gem in Ohio, as part of the Miami river and Clifton gorge, the terrain is distinct, and breathtaking. Also, the camp hosts were incredibly friendly and the maintenance of the vault toilets was the best I have seen.

THIS IS VERY PEACEFUL AND SECLUDED AREA BEAUTIFUL WEATHER, KID FRIENDLY

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO JUST GET AWAY FROM EVERYTHING AND RELAX.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL TERRAIN TO RIDE ATV'S, HORSES, YOU CAN HIKE, FLY KITES, BRING THE KIDS POWER WHEELS OR BIKES YOU CAN EXPLORE THE CREEK OR JUST SIT IN THE SHADE OR NEXT TO THE FIRE AND TAKE IT ALL IN. ITS STILL ONLY 10-15 MINS FROM TOWN IF YOU FORGOT SOME SUPPLIES.

Roomy sites!

We LOVE this campground - particularly sites 81-86. The sites are large with plenty of room to spread out, throw the frisbee or play other games. The sites are also near hiking paths that lead to the camper beach.

There is a nice playground down the road from the sites and additional hiking trails on the other side of the campground. Very quiet, peaceful camping.

Stay in Loop A or B!

We love this campground. The sites in the B loop are pull through and can be converted to buddy sites (camping with a friend - face your awnings toward each other). I think you can get a travel trailer on A, B, E & G loops too but with the other loops you may be parking on the grass. The sites are sloped on loops C, D & F.

There's also a great creek off B loop that you can walk including a fun waterfall with a 'swimming hole'.

The lake has a horsepower limit and is great for kayaking or using a SUP.

There are several hiking trails near the B loop - one winds around to the lower campground. Nice elevation change. Other trails near B loop are much easier to navigate for anyone - even those with mobility challenges or pushing a stroller.

Easy Drive from the City

Located within an afternoon’s drive of downtown Dayton and Cincinnati, this park makes the perfect weekend getaway from the day to day grind. Located on a large reservoir, the state park has everything from boating, hiking and mountain biking to just sitting around the campground not doing much.

One important thing to think about with this state park is site selection. For a park surrounded by trees and forest the campsites offer a surprising dearth of shady maples for the sites. On first visit, one might suppose this was a young park, newly cleared for recreational purposes, but upon visiting some 20 years later, one would be disappointed at the lack of opportunity taken for shade production. Most of the sites nearer the lakeshore or cul-du-sacs, have adequate shade.

The bathhouse was kept very clean, even when it was pretty busy.  Overall, the place was pretty quiet despite the number of campers there.

Great Park

I’m a local and I love JB.  Great hiking, clean campground (and bathroom!), and close to Yellow Springs for local brews and good eats.

Great stop on our way back to Michigan

We stayed here while traveling back home from the Smoky Mountains. It is a beautiful site but unfortunately we were not able to enjoy it. Great open sites, lots of walking and hiking available, full hook ups. We will definitely be back to enjoy another time.

Off Season and No Water

We love camping in the off season but with that comes closures. Some sections of the campgrounds might not be open, no camp hosts and limited bathrooms and showers houses. This is to be expected, but when I called the morning of our trip to make sure potable water was available and I was told yes it was only to drive 2 hours and realized they were wrong. No water 🙁. This would not have been a peas we have dry camped before but all the bathrooms were closed as well.

After called the park ranger he did let us get some water at the maintenance building so we were at least able to finish the weekend. Lesson learned always pull with at least some water.

Now back to the campground itself was nice and clean. Site are a little close together. The biggest down side is you are there to enjoy the lake but the lake had algae warnings everywhere not to go near the water.

They do have a dog park, pool and splash pad when in season and a marina. Also they have WiFi and good cell coverage.

Beautiful, clean peaceful

Beautiful, clean, peaceful, well maintained