The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Silver City , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Silver City Camping Reviews
TIGHT

Wow! Road to campground is horrible! Very narrow, trees hanging over it, dirt, but huge holes! Obviously needs to be graded. We booked a pull thru per map, but was not. Had to change to site 29. Loose dirt but fairly level. Very quiet and Lake Horton near us. Hosts very friendly. We were in a 38 foot coach.

Phenomenal experience

Great getaway

I have stayed here multiple times. I really love setting up on the water sites and having my kayak and fishing gear ready to go. The golf course is excellent and price friendly. Easy to get to nearby towns if one chooses to get to civilization.

Wonderful and Serene Campground

This is a beautiful, family owned campground. Grounds are impeccable and well maintained, customer service was above and beyond. There really isn’t a bad site in the place. Only downside- it’s off a main highway and we did hear a good amount of traffic noise throughout our stay.

Nice sites

The tent sites nice and clean and level. The host drove through many many times in the 3 days I was there. Bathrooms are what you can expect from a state park clean with little bugs here and there but nothing you can do about that in the middle of the woods. Overall great place good four-wheeling and nice accommodations

May become a $10 fee soon

There is a gate that opens during hunting season which adds more camping sites, but the only pit toilet is at the entrance.  Heavy rains flood several of the sites. Many people come just to hike the trails that cross nearby, there are more cars than campers.

Friendly and helpful in a time of need

We came here the day we sold our house in Fayettville. Covit19 had just hit so the campground we had reserved fell through and couldn’t get tenants to leave because they were scared. We were in for a surprise, Fayetteville RV resorts welcomed us with open arms and put us under a long term clause so we couldn’t get thrown out if they shut everything down. 600 a month is more than reasonable for the area. The staff is super and they keep the camp ground top notch.

The bathrooms were immaculate. The Landry rooms were great, little expensive but I get it, they are high maintenance with all the visitors. The hiking trail had all kinds of wildlife and a small damn on it. We walked it every day for 2 months and it was great. All the neighbors in the long term area were like family. I loved this place! They will not disappoint!

Not my vibe

Camp Clearwater is mostly permanent structures, this definitely isn’t wilderness camping. We didn’t end up staying at our site once we saw how busy it was The swimming beach wasn’t clean, but it was a fun place for kids to play.

Nice

A great place. I love they have a pool. It’s definitely a nice place to stop and rest on a trip while traveling down interstate 95.

Sandy Beaches and Clear Water

The sites are laid out well and like most privately owned campgrounds are very close together. The campground is a mix of permanent and overnight sites. Golf carts are allowed in the park and can become a nuisance at times. Often see you kids driving carts which is concerning. Wifi service within the campground is good. Great areas for kids to play. Activities were subdued this year due to COVID-19 but the campground usually has many activities. Great swimming area and beach. This is the perfect location for kids as the water is very clear and the change in water depth is gradual. Great sunsets across the lake. This campground has become a yearly tradition.