The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Moyock , NORTH CAROLINA

Camping North Carolina Moyock Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Moyock Camping Reviews
Awesome park - great location!

Quiet-secluded sites right on the beach!

Pros-

Quiet location

Beach trails

Beach Access close by overlooking the Chesapeake Bay

Lots of food and stores near by

Dump station

Little Aquarium

Boardwalk

Cons-

Very tight spots and roads leading in (we are 37ft)

No sewer at sites

Never disappoints

We have been coming to this campground since we 1st started camping about 3 years ago and we ALWAYS have a good time! The sites are always clean with the grass cut. The staff is always friendly and they all work hard to make sure you enjoy your time. Weve stayed all over the park; full hookup, water and electric only, super sites…they are all fantastic! If your looking for a great family trip Holiday Travel park is your place!

Don’t consider going if your going to use a trolling motor

After seeing some of the pictures I decided to call them ask how bad all the algae and overgrowth was and was told it was pretty clear. That was not the case, if you don’t plan on paddling with a kayak or maybe a canoe don’t risk it. I was going to take a Jon boat with a trolling motor and there are countless limbs and the overgrowth is terrible you will not make it through. Not the place to consider going if you want to camp out and fish

Best place ever!

Stayed for 3 nights. Absolutely amazing place. Cozy, most sites have privacy, quiet (minus the air force base next door), easy access to beach. Bathrooms are nothing special. Big park. Nice entrance with dump stations, water, free air for tires. Store is big and normally has an awesome snack bar but Covid :/. Very close to all the sites and attractions of Virginia Beach. Would highly recommend. Stayed at site 194. 5 out of 5.

Awesome Yurt Camping

This was our first time staying in a yurt at Kiptopeake State Park. We love staying in the yurts at Virginia State Parks because they are always an affordable, easy way to camping without having to set up a tent or spend the extra money for a cabin. The ones at here are $75/night. This one was awesome! It is hidden down a long walkway from the parking area and is very secluded. The one we stayed in, Yurt 4, only has neighbors on one side. It comes with two picnic tables, a water spigot, fire pit, grill, a big deck around the yurt with rocking chairs, and a refreshing breeze coming off the bay. Unfortunately, the way the yurt is situated, none of that breeze gets inside the yurt and it was very hot inside. Especially if staying here in the summer, I would suggest bringing some fans or a portable a/c for a more comfortable nights sleep. The bathrooms are farther away than I would like with little kids. You have to walk through to the tent campground loop to get to them. Even with a couple negative things about it, I think this is the way to stay here at Kiptopeake and I am already planning our next yurt trip here for next year!

Love this park so much! The beach is amazing. This time we discovered the dog-friendly beach, which was less crowded than the main one. I always like to go out and watch the sunset over the bay, it is magical!

DICUSSED

This campground is full of bugs. It also lacks the basic cleaning of bathhouses. They are full of bugs and dirt in both the outside and inside showers and management does nothing to change it.  When I complained I was given excuses. Would I stay there again NEVER.

Quiet and good location

For the price this is a great location - not too far from the beach and the many other attractions in the area. It’s nice for families with really little kids as it’s on the Bay-side, with calmer water, or it’s only minutes from the ocean side. They also have some really pretty campsites, even for tent camping.

Will stay here again

This place is large and can be crowded, but they keep the place very nice and clean. The staff is very nice. They are always out checking, maintaining, cleaning and easy to find for help. Nice ride to the beach and many activities in the park and around the park. The pools were clean and water temp was nice. I would definitely stay there again.

Great Park Stay

Nice easy back-in sites, full hookups in good working order, and friendly hosts. Great walking trails, boardwalks, and beach access. Arrive early to choose shady spots.

Fantastic

Great campground. The people that work there are super helpful and super friendly. The location is very convenient!