The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Moyock , NORTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Moyock Camping Reviews
Eastern Shore gem

Nice park. 1st two rows of sites have almost ZERO tree cover. 1st row not very level sites. Not quite as spacious/spread out sites as other state parks, but it's on the bay! Tent sites are wooded, no rvs allowed.

Awesome Yurt Camping

This was our first time staying in a yurt at Kiptopeake State Park. We love staying in the yurts at Virginia State Parks because they are always an affordable, easy way to camping without having to set up a tent or spend the extra money for a cabin. The ones at here are $75/night. This one was awesome! It is hidden down a long walkway from the parking area and is very secluded. The one we stayed in, Yurt 4, only has neighbors on one side. It comes with two picnic tables, a water spigot, fire pit, grill, a big deck around the yurt with rocking chairs, and a refreshing breeze coming off the bay. Unfortunately, the way the yurt is situated, none of that breeze gets inside the yurt and it was very hot inside. Especially if staying here in the summer, I would suggest bringing some fans or a portable a/c for a more comfortable nights sleep. The bathrooms are farther away than I would like with little kids. You have to walk through to the tent campground loop to get to them. Even with a couple negative things about it, I think this is the way to stay here at Kiptopeake and I am already planning our next yurt trip here for next year!

Love this park so much! The beach is amazing. This time we discovered the dog-friendly beach, which was less crowded than the main one. I always like to go out and watch the sunset over the bay, it is magical!

Great Park Stay

Nice easy back-in sites, full hookups in good working order, and friendly hosts. Great walking trails, boardwalks, and beach access. Arrive early to choose shady spots.

Great family campground

I have camped here many times throughout my childhood and adulthood. Miles of trails and so much to do. Always with clean sites and attentive staff

Yurt!

Honestly, I forgot to put the pics on my other review. Here’s picture of the yurt. Only complaint was the the yurt windows were not facing the bay breeze, so we had to make a wind tunnel

Large park with great yurt!

We really enjoyed camping in a yurt. Great dog beach as well!

Cape Charles Virginia

This park is a nice place to bring your family to camp, fish , crab and relax by the beach and collect seashells . It has 2 beautiful beaches ‘ one that allows pets and the other does not . There are wooden boardwalk trails in the park and a few of them leads to different areas on the beach . We used 2 of them that were wheel chair accessible. The campsites are a bit tooo close for me . I don’t like camping right on top of people and as soon as I walk out of my tent there’s people on every side of me ! I did enjoy the fishing pier and got to catch fish I have never seen before . One being a searobin . By the way a searobin crocks like a frog when you grab it and I did learn they have sharp spines on their gill plates and dorsal fins that inject a mild poison, causing slight pain for two to three days. So be careful!

Inconsistent to website

So this was my first campground sadly and the experience was not what I hoped for. The Cheseapeake campgrounds website shows outdated pictures and does not show what the campground looks like currently.

The rules on the website are not followed. They're are campers that have hard piped black/gray water some that folks are living in are severally ran down. The website shows you can make reservations but they often don't seem like they are keeping a good track on people comings and goings.

Customer service depends on who your talking with some treat you very well and the older lady at the counter has 0 customer service skills. She is short rude and not interested in helping you.

The place is quite and pet friendly the 2 washers and dryers work well and are at a good price. The people at the campground seem nice and friendly.

If you can't handle huge large bugs that eat you alive stay away.

The country living and prices are the only reason I have 2 stars

Solid park and campsites close to beach/pier

Clean facilities, close to beach and fishing pier. Only gripe is tent sites and interwoven with RV sites with little privacy.

Great place.

Very nice. Full hookup sites. Beach with surf fishing and a nice fishing pier open 24 hours. Will be a regular spot for us.