Matthews , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Matthews Camping Reviews
Peaceful and quiet

Happy camper

It was our first time camping as a family and now we wish we could camp every weekend!

Nice spot with lots of space

Great spot there’s some open areas to camp before you get to the water. You need a truck or something big to get down to the water unless the re-did the road. There’s a few campsites surrounded by trees but also a large open area that can hold multiple vehicles

Excellent Campground

Awesome location, very remote and the sites are Huge so no need to worry about a neighbor being close. I stayed at site 11 easy access to the water and great views. Lost of fishing and hiking paths close by. Great camp overall. Highly recommend.

Great hiking and awesome views.

Lots of trails to choose from. Beautiful views. Lots of history. Visit here often.

Love this place.

Very close to my home. I hike in to the remote campsite on the lake. Lots of fishermen and trash since the scum can’t seem to pick up after themselves. The cabins here are also great. Clean and nice location. I would suggest the overlook cabin. I generally tent camp and the Point, not many know of this location as it’s a decent hike in. Great place.

Not for the weak of heart

Took 3 boys camping here. The 1.5 mile hike to the campsite was very much an uphill climb. The primitive outhouse scared them. It was extremely seclusive. Went on up another .5 miles the following morning and looked out over the clouds. Quite a sight! It was an experience they won't forget!

Excellent camping for both RV and Tents

Morrow Mountain State Park is a family camping ground for all ages and has an in ground swimming pool plus a boat launch.  I enjoyed tent camping with my family and fishing on the lake.  There is a large public swimming pool and each camping area has toilet and shower facilities.  You can burn fire wood in pits and there are grills for charcoaling BBQs.  The highlight to a early morning wake up are having deer walking through your camping site.  There was a loud whipperwill sounding off with echoes coming from the hillsides.  It is a first come first serve and there is a small fee collected by a Park Ranger.

Campground close to home

Nice campground close to home!! We’ve stayed here twice now and had a great time both times. Small campground but so nice!

Nice walk

Nice walk through Boy Scout camp. Trails are in good shape. Very close to Rivergate area. Great Lake access and nice kayaking.