The best RV SITES camping near
Laboratory , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Laboratory Camping Reviews
Canoe In Camping!

We decided to do some cold weather camping so we made our reservation in December, packed up our bags and a canoe and went off to Lake James. It. Was. Awesome. For one, we were the only people at the "boat only access" sites. Secondly, the bathroom was super clean and the sites were awesome. Then.. last but not least a baby raccoon was hanging out nearby that we got to watch from a lil distance, and baby raccoons are adorable.

I'd definitely go back!

Good Times at the Gorge!

These are pretty decent sites. You just pull off the road, set up and enjoy the camping experience.
We hiked down to the gorge and also enjoyed the dispersed camping available right along the riverside, which was pretty cool but… that hike back up is a DOOZY especially with a pack on. I would recommend it. The payoff of the views is highly worth any trail difficulties.
This was a really clean, well respected area. I liked to see that most other campers were clearly doing their part to Leave no Trace.

Great local spot

Great campground. Rates have gone up to $20 a night as of 4/1/21

Huge!

Campground is huge & within walking distance of the raceway. Camping world is across the street if you forgot anything! Win! We parked across from the playground for the kids and it was so nice. They have a sand volleyball court there too. Dog park in the far back corner. Different vibe off of racing season. Very affordable & nice quiet stop! Off season, they turn two sites into one so you get 100' to yourself. All gravel. Grassy areas around for pets. Some sites have a grass backyard area. Fences & picnic tables separate the sites.

Pleasantly Surprised

We stayed here for a weekend in March 2021 and were surprised at how much we liked it. There are lots of trails close to the campground with one around a lake and a stream off of it. Facilities were very well maintained. Only downside not all lots level and some stumps that were hard to manuver around to park and to leave spot.

Spacious with Amenities

My husband and I car camped at Paddy Creek in Lake James State Park and were surprised to find such great amenities. The bathrooms were clean and convenient from all the sites. There was water available at our site and neat trails down to the lake.

Picturesque and spacious

My husband and I spent Thankgiving at one of the Table Rock backcountry sites and couldn't have loved it more. Our site at picturesque views of the mountains and a convenient fire ring.

Word's LITERALLY Cannot Describe

This place is a little slice of Heaven for LGBTQ folk! Very Welcoming, clean, very well maintained, and landscaped- not to mention paved pads. This campground has several park models who belong to some part time and some full time folks who came and never left. There's a decent sized pool, a community fire pit, a lake where you can paddle boat. I highly recommend.

Camping Right off the Parkway

The campsite is in the beginning of a 5 mile loop through the wilderness that takes you to Hebron falls. My only complaint is that you are close enough to the parkway to see and hear cars go by, but this makes the campground extremely accessible for everyone. The terrain is also flat and easy to hike through, making it a good long trail for beginners or children.