The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Keeseville , NEW YORK

Camping New York Keeseville Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Keeseville Camping Reviews
One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

There are also 4 remote sights for paddlers pn the Lake Champlain Paddlers Trail. You must call Burton Island State Park to make reservations

4 very nice remote campsites on the S.E. side of the island. Wake up to stunning sunrises and spectacular views of the Green Mountains. Spacious sites with fire rings. Shade is limited at certain times of the day. Nice hiking trails nearbye. These sites are separate from the State Park, even though reservations can only made by calling Burton Island. These sites are maintained by the park on behalf of Lake Champlain Paddlers Trail.

Wonderful site, great overall location

I've stayed here a couple of times and both times had a blast. Canoeing or kayaking on the lake is great and there are paddle only sites available.  Some of the best sites ore up on a bluff with views over the lake a towards sunrise.

This is just a great place for a getaway.

Thus far, my favorite spot

There’s no explaining the views around here. The mountains are beautiful, Lake Placid is beautiful, and this campsite is amazing. It’s pretty secluded, and from what others have said.. yes, beware of the roads coming in. 40MPH is too fast for these torn up roads. The campsite itself is great. They have cabins, lean-tos, and tent sites. My boyfriend and I braved the 12° nights and pitched a tent. There were a lot of campers, but the sites are spaced out and people were very respectful of noise/lights/other campers. I was bummed out to see no wildlife, but we did see a moose print on the hike up Mount Marcy!! (Unfortunately I only made it about 3/4 of the way and had to come back down. Not in amazing shape, but working on it 😂)

This is really one of my favorite spots. The Adirondack Loj is warm and inviting. The facilities are clean and well kept. I will FOR SURE be visiting again soon.

Very nice owners...lovely campground!

We have a “big rig” 40’ 5th wheel with 4 slide outs. Called them same day from Capital Region Welcome Ctr in NY, about 3 hrs away (below Albany). They had a full hook up, pull-thru corner space for us. Offered parking for our truck right across lane on separate site. Super nice owners! Went over COVID questions and after hour check-in instructions. We came in just after it got dark. Loved town of Shelburne. Awesome little shops and great, well stocked little local grocery store. Authentic Italian restaurant in grocery store parking lot…picked up delicious strombolis. Due to COVID, mostly call ahead/pick-up or drive thru for many things…incl. delicious coffee in town at Village Wine & Coffee and AWESOME cider donuts at Shelburne Orchards! Only a 20 min drive into downtown Burlington. Took narrated tour on Ethan Allen ferry on Lake Champlain. Shopped in artsy town. Extended our stay for TWO extra nights. Will def come back. Didn’t need to use, but noted that bathrooms were immaculately clean.

Quite and really nice scenery

Located far out in nature, the views are breathtaking. Owner was really nice and helpful.

One nighter

Only stayed for one night, but it was a beautiful campground. Very clean. Big sites.

You should camp here!

We stayed here for 2 nights in July. Everything was very clean. Our site felt secluded even though there were other people camping nearby.

Private scenic campground

We had a lean-to site that was just far enough from the bathroom that it felt far. I found the site to be well maintained and for the rangers to be kind and help. Great place to visit on the island.

Quiet,clean,affordable

DI'd a 4 night  4day stay . Was nice , pool was clean, play ground kids loved it. And facilities were clean, with hot showers.