Water Unknown
$22.00
No Electric Hookups
Saranac Lake Islands is located in New York
10 Reviews of Saranac Lake Islands
Love the remoteness and boat-only access that most of the sites have.

Only a few sites have cover available in the form of lean-tos.

private islands surrounded by nature

we rented a motorboat to get to our own private little peninsula (not one of the very sought after islands but just as neat) on the middle saranac. one of the coolest experiences I’ve ever had in my life- surrounded by nature- water, woods, birds and fishing for pike, bass and sunfish!

Serene lake camping

Canoed into our campsite, #15. It took 3 trips to bring in all our gear. Beautiful site. Quite a climb up to the actual site. Great swimming from site. Found a great rock to jump from. Lots of loons, toads and fish. Next time we would downsize our gear our use a motorized boat. Outhouse was a little rough around the edges, but doable. Town is close by for ice and things. Our island had 4 other campsites on it and we barely saw or heard our neighbors.

Camping off the grid, only accessible by water? Yes, Please!

Huge sites, a lot of privacy (nearest campsite in most cases is not even visible). We kayaked before, and found the biggest drawback was impossible to bring a lot of food and a cooler. Bought a small aluminum boat with a motor and now can bring a lot more gear. A great place to relax, enjoy nature, and unwind. Photo is view from site 54.

The best in NY state!

I find this gem of a campground a few years back. Now, I come back twice a year. There's nothing better than secluded island campsites for my camping and fishing addiction. All campsites have picnic tables, firepits/grills, and privies. Saranac Lake Marina has great rental boats. I even think the dogs look forward to these camping trips.

Beautiful place

Love this place. Have gone the last three years, and I have reserved again for August 2018. You'll need a boat or canoe (rentals available in Saranac Lake). Sites have tables, fire rings, and outhouses. You'll need a tent, bag, pad, cooking equipment, etc. Bring warm clothing for nights; temps can drop 30 degrees in hours. Sites are carry in/carry out.

Secluded Island in the Adirondacks

One of the best camping trips I have ever experienced. The island we stayed on only had two other sites. There were 6 of us and a dog. We couldn't hear anyone else. We rented 3 canoes to get to the island, which was a little pricey so if you have your own, it's worth the haul. Beautiful water in the morning and nice clean sites. Only disadvantage is its a bit difficult if you want to hike a ton.

Best camping in NY

Love this place! There's something novelty about getting in a boat and paddling to your island for the week! We went off season so camping was free! Brought our dog and he had a blast exploring the island at his own whim. We jumped from the rocks and swam and played games. There are primitive pit toilets- I find leaving the door open to stare at the scenery is best to keep horrible smell from killing you and for aesthetic purposes. Will be returning for years and years!

Will return for years to come!

I camped at Saranac Lake Islands for two summers in a row. The first time, my children and I had an island and the second time we had a spot on a little peninsula. It's such a gorgeous place! The campsites were well maintained and nicely isolated. At night, you could see other campfires in the distance over the lake. I highly recommend Saranac Lake!

A little piece of heaven...

I have to say that when it comes to mountain lake island camping, NY is tops! Nothing quite like being able to kayak with your pack out to your own island and overnight there! Lake Saranac is beautiful, and you have to hit the Saranac Brewery!