About Cumberland Bay State Park
Cumberland Bay State Park is located in New York
7 Reviews of Cumberland Bay State Park
Great for the price.

Amazing views and great hospitality.

Amazingly beautiful

This is a great place for the family. The playground is great. New bath house. Some sites with electric. Even with a windy, cold, rainy day it is still beautiful. But when it is sunny out it is great. Definitely will go back again

We had a fantastic time!

I'm from this part of Upstate New York State, and we came up for a weekend to go to a baby shower and decided to camp out at Cumberland Head! Lots of shadey spots, very nice camping spots on Lake Champlain and the morning sunrise is beautiful!! Do yourself a favor, and visit Cumberland Head State Park!!!

Not a bad spot if you dont mind being near a busy road

It is a nice campground right on the lake but the road next to it is very busy. Just not my kind of place to be honest

Great beach area, lots to do!

The Cumberland Bay State Park in New York is a great place to go and relax. If you like the beach scene, swimming, or having a picnic, then you will enjoy this park. I come here quite often to kayak, and my friends and I also like to get a game of volleyball going on the court they have within the park. During the summer months (and especially on hot days), you will find that this park is pretty busy. You can always find a little spot to put your stuff, though. Kayaking is probably one of my favorite things to do, and the lake is perfect for this. The park itself is located on Lake Champlain. You also have the option to camp overnight if you wish…I have only done this once because I wanted to get up and kayak for the sunrise! The park does provide picnic tables, restrooms and showers. I find that the restrooms and showers and pretty clean….there have been a few times that the stall I am using doesn't have toilet paper. So I would suggest checking your stall first before you sit down on the toilet :). One of my favorite parts about this park, is in the distance you can see the beautiful mountains, Adirondacks and other gorgeous views. There are also some good hiking trails nearby that you can get to by car. I would say there are trails within 5-10 miles away. All in all, a great place to come and relax!

Ranger Review: Ninja Suit (hoodless womens) at Cumberland Bay State Park

This park was very well maintained. the bathrooms by the beach were clean (you don't see that everywhere, especially at a place with a high usage). The sites were large and grassy, and the beach parking is separate from the camping which is great when you have a family with kids. Beautiful bbq area by the beach and the view from the beach is amazing.

This Ninja suit is the bomb. It was a bit warm for the season but come fall/winter it will be perfect for all of my outdoor adventures. I love the galaxy print and the pockets, and butt zip for easy bathroom stops. It is one of those things you don't realize you need until you have it.

Ranger Review: A2 Shoal Belt at Cumberland Bay State Park

The grounds: This place looks like the place to be, great facilities (with real flush toilets near the beach), and great grassy sites which met of are in the shade! Very close to many different things (Montreal, Burlington, Lake Placid) and the beach is very clean and beautiful. There is a pump station for RVs but a lot of tent camping as well.

The Belt: This belt is great, I love croaky belts in general, they are colorful and very sturdy. The design is great and they keep the pants up or give a splash of color to my outfits (when I wear them a little higher up. The colors are so pretty with the blues and are interesting to look at. Love that there are no holes, so it will not rip overtime. 5 out of 5 for sure!