The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Leisuretowne , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Leisuretowne Camping Reviews
Nice campground. Dirty bathrooms

To be expected, this place was packed on a nice October weekend. Boy Scouts and families.. Overall quiet considering the amount of people. Nice trails. Close to Lake Nummy. With that said, the bathrooms were disgusting. Little maintenance and cleaning was provided during our weekend stay, especially during a global pandemic.

Nice little place..

Nice little place just off the Delaware river. Nothing fancy, just basic camping with no frills. They do have a bath house, water and electric. Seems to have a fair amount of seasonal RVs set up there. Be very careful with the entrance, It is a extremely sharp right turn and then over a narrow bridge. The short road leading up to the campground is one lane as well. Pet friendly. Good cell service on ATT and Tmobile

Owner is very friendly and helpful, $33 per night cash only.

*WARNING do NOT come over the Frenchtown bridge. It is WAY too narrow- it’s hard to even have 2 Honda Civics passing-much less any type of RV or TT. Even taking the Milford bridge is a gamble at best, it’s still a tight fit with a 17 foot trailer being towed by my tundra.

One lane road into campground, with a drop of to the right. Not for the faint of heart.

Rustic, beautiful, wooded campground

This is a beautiful campground, set on a lake with lovely owners. It’s easy to get to and close to the Jersey Shore. There is a great brewery about 20 min away. There’s a beautiful bike path (albeit along a main road) and miles to hike. The lake is small but pretty and they have canoes for rent. Sites are wooded and spacious. The setting is absolutely lovely. However, be prepared to spend 30 minutes getting into and out of your site. The roads within the campground are VERY narrow and heavily wooded. There are no easy turns and you maybe have some scars left on vehicle or trailer from the brush and or small trees that overhang the road. We are seasoned trailer pullers both with a boat and 31’ TT and it was challenging. But if you’re up for an adventure, you will love this campground.

First Camping Trip

This was my daughters and I first camping trip. The place seemed like it was alot of regulars so it had a community vibe. The staff was very accommodating and gracious. The onsite stores prices were very inexpensive which surprised me. Halloween decorations were the best. The playground was great my daughter really enjoyed the scavenger hunt. The miniature golf course could have been maintained better, but it was so inexpensive I couldn't consider it an issue. Our tent site was right next to the pond. It was a Saturday and they were rocking. I dont know if the person playing the music was a professional DJ, he was incredible. He has to be the greatest campsite DJ ever. It was definitely a vibe. If he's not on the payroll and the owners read this the person playing the music Oct 3rd deserves some sort of compensation.

RV Park with some tent sites

We stayed in the small tent loop at this private, primarily RV resort. First, the good stuff: The tent loop was empty for our 5 night stay with the exception of night 1. We were at site F17.

Bathrooms were cleaned multiple times each day, showers were warm.

There is a laundry facility. It's about $6 to wash and dry a load. There is no change machine that we could find.

If you have kids that are aged 6 and up, they are going to love this place.

Staff were nice and made several trips to the tent loop to make sure all was well.

Electric hookups at every site!

Baby turtles were hatching when we arrived.

And now the stuff we didn't like:

Well, it's an RV resort. The tent loop is crowded, site-wise, and I cannot imagine how packed together you'd be if every site was full.

The signage is almost non-existent. We drove right by the tent loop twice and there are no obvious "Loop A" etc signs. The tent loop is all the way in the back next to the pond.

If you are arriving after office hours, 6pm or so, you have to call to get a gate code. Otherwise, you are locked out.

Everyone has a golf cart and will drive into the tent loop to look at you as if you are a wildebeest and they're on safari.

Parents of small children and toddlers: the tent loop is surrounded by water on 3 sides. There is no safety fence. The water is mostly standing water so expect mosquitoes.

Site F 17 is the lowest point of the tent loop,which won't be a problem unless it rains. Unfortunately, it rained 3 inches one day and I literally dug a trench around the tent to keep it dry. F15 is on the high side and slightly larger site, request it if you can.

On Saturday night, there is a DJ and a dance party from 7-10 pm. It is extraordinarily loud and somewhat impossible to navigate a car through that many people. Plan on staying out of the resort or completely inside if you are up for it.

(I'm sorry for the photos; I didn't have my phone and had to use someone else's phone to take photos.  It was also torrentially raining so I didn't venture outside of the canopy!)

Clean and Quiet

Atsion is a hidden gem. Bathrooms continuously clean during Covid. Lots of families. Beautiful sunsets and great hiking trails close by.

Not bad

No one in the office so you have to check in over the phone which isn't easy with bad reception in the area.

Camp sites are close together with no privacy but decent sized. You get a table, fire ring with out a grill, water, electric, and enough room for a large cabin tent or a few small tents.

Showers are clean and have hot water. No locks on the toilet stall doors which is really weird. Playground, pool, big open fields, horseshoes, basketball hoop. No hiking trails. No pond or lake for fishing.

$50 per night

The river is amazing

Great place to creek hike, nice for horses, we did get a lot of ticks, but not deer ticks, thankfully.

This place is amazing! Horses and hills

I had the best time here hiking up and down the mini mountains. The water was clear and beautiful and I absolutely loved it.

No reservation

I called and made a same day reservation at 11 am and was charged 60$ then when we arrived at 630pm the same day we were told our reservation was for the day before. I was charged double what they originally told me, but was able to get a spot luckily.