Camping in Providence

Recent Cabins Reviews Near Providence, Maryland

379 Reviews of 35 Providence, Maryland Campgrounds

Mary F.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Great place easy in and out

Owners were very nice place was very clean. We wish we would have had more blocks so we could have leveled our camper a bit more, but that was our first time camping in this trailer

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Bad weekend great location

We got there and it was amazing the location is great the only downside of our experience was that it rained the entire weekend. But everything else was great!

Siteloop A site 13
s
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Great Stay

My family and I have camped here many times. The camp hosts are very friendly and will answer any questions. There are plenty of activities all around the area for all ages. There are activities inside the campground as well. Not far from convenience stores and general stores (Walmart). There is a…

SiteA28
R
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Great river view hike, close to DC

Had a great weekend trip here, close to DC and Delaware. Wonderful hiking trails with river views. Only caveat- got pretty muddy since it rained the day before and our site didn’t have a tent pad. Firewood and minimal supplies available at the check in.

Christy M.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Peaceful and clean, with friendly staff!

My husband and I have stayed at Elk Neck twice. It’s a great campground with lots of different loops to choose sites from. The bath houses are very clean, and the folks responsible for their upkeep are great. There are sinks for washing dishes outside the bathhouses, making cooking cleanup very…

L

Love this park

We stayed for a week at Cherry Hill. It’s clean, quiet (unless you back up to 95 then you can hear traffic at tonight). Easy access to the metro to visit DC. Beautiful hiking in the area.

N
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Extremely clean, friendly, and relaxing

We tent camped there two years ago,  at one of their premium sights ( totally worth the extra $) I grew up camping and had never been at a campground that was this clean. I mean the bathrooms were pristine at all times. ( I actually felt bad when a moth flew in with me the one night because there…

SThe Dyrt PRO User

Quiet

Excellent place to kayak Nice sites

Megan B.

Crowded and just ok

The campground and park are ok. Nothing to write home about. A lake for kayaking and a beach in the summer.

Month of VisitNovember
Megan B.

Nice campground, beautiful area

The campground is pretty big and you can find any spot you are looking for. There are great trails I the area along the river and in the woods.

S

Nice family campground

Lots of activities available. We were in a secluded spot. Wifi and cable were poor on the weekend. Large campground with some good trails.

Will definitely return!

Mark K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Very nice state park campground for family camping

I stayed here for two nights with a friend, and it was serene and beautiful.  There were nice, easy hikes in or near the campsite, and the location about halfway between Philadelphia and Washington, DC, was perfect.

Eliza D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Great campgrounds

We loved staying here. The campgrounds were very nice and clean. All camp workers were extremely friendly! We had just a slight problem with our lot. A huge rock was at the front of our lot that when we opened the door, it was in our way and we couldn’t put our carpet there. But we had a great time…

SiteLoop B - lot 218
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Great Campground Very small sites!!!

We took out 1st trip to Tuckahoe over the 4th of July weekend. We really liked the park, but beware, the sites can be small! I watched people with 25+ footers struggle to back into the sites. We booked site 21, blind. The web site does not say site 21 is extremely small. We have a 25' camper, and…