North Brentwood , MARYLAND

Most Recent North Brentwood Camping Reviews
Secluded

They have a handful of sites that are more secluded and not right on the driveway loop. I've only camped in loop C and find it more quiet and less crowded than loop B. Probably because this loop only has toilets in the restroom. Showers are in loop B, which is a 5-7 minute walk. During holiday weekends the sites closest to the shower facilities are fully booked and have less privacy. They are usually reserved by larger groups. Plenty of beautiful walking and hiking trails in the park to enjoy. This campground is well maintained and routinely monitored by park rangers. There's a $20 National Park entrance fee that's in addition to the site reservation.

Wooded Oasis

Very spacious tent sites nestled in the woods. We stayed at "bobcat" site, which came with two picnic tables, a large fire pit, and a Weber grill. Three tents easily fit on the site. Very friendly owners! Restrooms and showers were well maintained. The Appalachian Trail is very close by - a three minute drive. Highly recommend.

My new favorite

The primitive sites have a lot of space.

Great location

New restrooms and close to the town but far enough to be dark and quiet like the outdoors!

Mosquitos, Overgrown & Quiet

We chose this campground based on proximity to work. This campground was priced fairly, however, it does come with its downfalls.

PROS

Let me start with the positive, we were 1 of 3 campers in this loop during our week-long stay. This made it peaceful and quiet.

CONS

It's close to a Naval base, and therefore you constantly hear airplanes, and helicopters at all times.

Other than the daily bathroom cleaning, this campground lacks maintenance on sites and walkways. They are both overgrown.

Playground, fishing, archery all seem blocked off at this time.

Trails seem open but are across and through hunting areas. They are also muddy from the rain. There is even standing water around our site which brings us to…the MOSQUITOS! We tried fans, tiki torches, and many deet free or light deet products before having to buy 100% deet so we could be outside. These things are awful!

Well spaced and maintained full service RV sites

Only came through for a weekend but the sites were well maintained, and felt separated enough to have some privacy. Staff were amazing about maintaining safe conditions for campers. All possible precautions seemed to be taken.

RV restrictions

Prince William Forest has been a destination for my family for over 35 years. Staff is friendly and helpful.

RV’s are allowed, but not all RV’s fit. Their website states that “Trailers and fifth wheels are limited to up to 26 feet in length and 12 feet in height and motor homes up to 32 feet in length and 12 feet in height.”

No hookups, but a fantastic destination!

Nice quiet campground

Nice campground, very spread out sites not close to neighbor, clean bathrooms, close to DC metro area for good getaway, nice trails to hiking/ running/ biking.

Treehouses on the Cheap

My husband and I stayed here for just a night to getaway from normal life. We stayed in the Bonsai treehouse, which got us up off the ground and provided great shelter overnight. We had great weather, in the end.

The pros:

Clean, easy to walk to bathrooms and showers

Clean treehouse

Quiet campground

A short walk to the Appalachian Trail for some hiking

A short drive to Big Cork winery for some sipping

Pets allowed

The cons:

Poison ivy EVERYWHERE at this particular site. Came home covered in it

Steep road grade for our regular sedan to handle

Very Rude

I called for my reservation the lady hung up on me and was quite rude… i called back four times and they hung up on me twice, and never answered again. She wouldn’t give me her name.