Camping in Gomoljak

Recent Yurts Reviews Near Gomoljak, Maryland

58 Reviews of 7 Gomoljak, Maryland Campgrounds

Sonyia W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Good home base for exploring DC

We stayed on the big loop on site 48. Unfortunately there wasn’t anything on ReserveAmerica specifying the water situation, so when we arrived we found that we didn’t have water hook up. I’m attaching a photo of the color map I got at checkout which specifies which sites have water.

Bath house…

Yvonne B.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Clean, nice, our go to campground

When we want to go somewhere and not think about where, we go to Pohick.

Stay on the electric loop for better bathrooms.

Some sites are big and beautiful (56!) and others you'll barely have room for your tent. Stick to the outer loops and you should be fine.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Good site for easy camping

My friends were first time campers, so I brought them here. It was perfect. Easily accessible bathrooms and showers, fire ring with a rack, and nice greenery. The plethora of activities made it simple to keep my friends entertained. You can rent kayaks, go mini golf, and there are a couple very…

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

This place is awesome!

I love this campground. It’s big, yet spread out, sites are really well kept and level (gravel). Many are shaded with trees, beautiful pool, laundry, showers, super kind store workers. Gated entry with live person working to greet you. Shuttle bus to take you to metro. We will be back!

Elgin S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2021

Quiet and friendly

Lots of residents and seasonal campers. Great sunsets, quiet, easy Nanticoke river access. Great no frills campground, little beachy area, fishing and crabbing.

Thomas K.
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Relaxing

Off the beat and path but extremely nice state park.

Sitetent
Month of VisitOctober
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Beautiful park

We stay here at least 6 trips a year. Nice layout, not all sites are level (half). Staff are always nice and go out of their way to help.

• right after fire ban
MickandKarla W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2021

Impressive Campground

Cherry Hill Park was easy to find and get to basically right off I-95. This was our first time RVing into the WA DC area and we were concerned about traffic getting to the campground(CG). As we arrived, traffic was heavy on I-95 but manageable. Cherry Hill’s and our RV GPS directions were spot on…

• Site 93 with patio, rot iron table and chairs, fire pit, and stand up bbq.
  • Site 93 utilities side.
  • Roof view from site 93 to site 97, which is one of the most spacious in the park if you are a decent backer.
Month of VisitApril
J
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2021

Surprisingly nice

Surprisingly nice campground in a city. Lots of things for kids to do and access to bike trails outside of the complex.

Maya S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2021

Nature nature nature

The woods are full of nature and diverse. species. We counted over 17 different species of fungi in a 25 foot stretch! I loved staying in the beautiful cabins and enjoying the nature strolls. Would most definitely return.

Month of VisitNovember
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2020

Nice quiet clean campground 30-40m from DC

Stayed here for 2w while visiting friends in Alexandria. Took me 25-30m to get there so you are far away from bustle of city but not so far that going in to enjoy breakfast or the sights is a feat. Nice and quiet here during winter more so during week than weekends.

Andrew M.
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2020

Great for activities; not much privacy

Great if you’re looking for a quick escape from DC and with a lot of activities—paddling, hiking, and a 5 minute drive from Meadowood for mountain biking. I camped at the non-electric area and it was nice to play some disc golf across the street before dark. The hiking is nice—15 minutes on the…

Kristen M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2020

Great Regional Park

Great regional park with lots to do - trails, biking, boating.

Sites are spacious and decently level (depends on the site I’m sure).

Plenty of playgrounds and trails nearby to keep the family busy.

Amenities and such are what you’d expect - clean but not new.

We would definitely stay again.

Jennifer S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2020

Beautiful Site, a Bit Noisy

We loved our site B56 which is a deep, private spot with lots of tent sites. The trees are pretty and the laurel adds to the privacy. We were there in November, so the leaves were off the trees, but it still felt private. There were a few parties in the campground which is strange given we are in…

Kristy R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2020

Great Family Fun

Great camping amenities, soft cushioned sites, with power and water close by. DO NOT GET BASIC TENT SITES AS THEY ARE NEXT TO HIGHWAYS AND VERY NOISY!!! Premium tent sites would be a better choice. My grandchildren live it there. We will return to a premium tent site soon.