Camping in Essen

134 Reviews of 42 Essen, Louisiana Campgrounds

D
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Low Lying Area (think swampy), but RV Pads High and Dry

Park is in pretty good shape, although it appears that the state park system is low on funding and resources, as some facilities are closed and maintenance is needed in certain areas.  The park is located within a large watershed/basin, so seasonal rains can have an impact on the area at large. …

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Don't bother

Well, the only reason I'm giving 2 stars is because of the people who work there, otherwise it would have been none. I almost got stuck twice because the spots aren't on solid ground and the spaces are too close together. They are a mix of sand and dirt. Place was a mess after Hurricane Ida, but…

Taylor G.

Favorite local campground

This was the first campground we visited after purchasing our camper and it immediately became our favorite place to go. Extra clean, extra relaxing and excellent location of the rv campsites right on the water. Definitely a must visit especially if you’re local.

• Kayak launch
Taylor G.

Simple, comfortable campground

Decided to explore a new campground and took a weekend trip here. Very simplistic campground compared to some others we’ve been to recently. Few attractions but overall very quiet and friendly folks. Tip: Make sure to have a water filter on your camper for this one.

R

Good for a hangout

Very clean place, store has got everything you need. Not much to do around the campground. It’s more of a hangout spot. Not bad overall.

kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Poches Fish & Camp

Peaceful, relaxing, beautiful

Kara M.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

A weekend on the lake

Back in spot right up to Lake Palourde in Morgan City, La. Full hook ups, swimming a beach with canoe, kayak and jet ski rentals. Really nice area for those with or without kids.

R
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Love this location!

Beautiful grounds and very friendly people. Tons of activities for kids and adults! Pet friendly! And each site is set up great and all the grounds are clean!

REYES32412 R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Great spot

Wonderful staff. Grounds kept very clean. Would definitely stop here again.

Dayron B.
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Not a place to stay

Site was muddy and standing in water. Sites was to close and could not open awnings. Went to leave and had to climb on top of fifth wheel to move low limbs to leave

Randy B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

For a quick over night errands it was fine

Called and staff was great. Arrived and guard was making rounds so I pulled in. He stopped me, confirmed via my e-mail who I was, showed me to my spot. INSISTED on hooking up my power immediately, I would have rather ensured my rig position was final, ended up having to move rig after he left.…

Site3C
Martin D.
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Very Nice

Very well maintained park with a pleasant staff. Some longer term folks but that section is very nice as well. We'll be back for sure.

Richard L.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Lakeside RV

We have stayed here almost two weeks while downsizing to a smaller home. This place is very well maintained, and the pool and playground areas are in excellent condition. We did not use the showers/ bathrooms but the laundry area was in clean and machines seemed new. The grounds were well…

Philip P.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Yogi Bear Jellystone campground

The pools are nice it has a nice splash pad a big jump pad open all the time has a water slide up front $5 per hour and you use a mat to go down it's fiberglass

Philip P.