Camping in Short Creek

Short Creek, Kentucky

Recent Tent Cabins Reviews Near Short Creek, Kentucky

319 Reviews of 31 Short Creek, Kentucky Campgrounds

Nice trip

I like the pretty lots, that were mostly flat for camping. Siri so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Beautiful camping trip

I’ve stayed all over the mammoth cave area and this is a beautiful place to stay as well. I keep coming back because it’s so pretty!

Loved this camping area!

I love camping in this area! Mammoth caves is so beautiful every time I camp there I see deer running through my camping site. It’s so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Love this area!

Mammoth cave area is so beautiful - definitely take the tour through the caves and check out the history and the artists  that are selling things all over the area.

Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Great spot near “Paradise”

Maybe you’re here to work coal, maybe you’re here to see the county John Prine wrote “Paradise” about, or maybe like us you’re just passing through. Standard parking lot style rv park near highway, but we’ll kept, clean rr/shower/laundry, decent playground, grass strips on which you should NOT…

SiteB7
Jason N.The Dyrt PRO User

Ok

Campground was OK. 3 different loops with nicely spaced out shady sites. Really not much to do unless you're taking cave tours or hiking.

SiteB16
m
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

First visit to campgrounds

Our spot was great and didn’t require much leveling. We did get a deluxe spot. However we only got the spot because at the others were sold out. Many of the other Spots were on hills and right on top of each other. Driving in and out was a bit challenging mainly because a lot of people parked their…

Site53-D
D
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Peaceful

Great campground. Wooded and water sites available

Siteb18
Hilary A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Beautiful, forested campground

I’ve been camping at OBannon Woods for 25+ years. The campground is large, mostly shady and very well-kept. Bathhouses feel luxuriously clean and large compared to most campgrounds. There are multiple play areas for children and beautiful hiking trails within and around the campground itself.

Sitemultiple sites
Month of VisitNovember
a
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Very nice lots of trees and pond

Lots of trees and a nice fishing pond. The bathrooms were clean. Very affordable. We checked in late and left early so we didn’t get to see the little store. When I called to make a reservation the lady was very nice and helpful.

Sitenumber 35
Yondering R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Kids LOVED it

Several pools to choose from, plus a beach and water obstacle course—our kids thought they’d found paradise! The bathhouses were clean, if not the newest we’ve seen. Close proximity to Mammoth Cave. Don’t miss the Amish bakery/cafe nearby!

Scott W.

Golf Cart Silliness

5½ mph speed limit does not apply to golf carts. As a campground that rents them out, you would think they would restrict their equipment to follow their set speed limits

Nathan W.

Avoid 33-P at all cost

Sites are close together. 33-P is terrible. Took me an hour and an engineering degree to get it leveled safely.

Site33-P
M

Buzzard Roost Indiana

It has been a wonderful experience. My only complaint in the little black fly like bugs in the bathroom building (toilet pit). Other than that and the rain, it has been relaxing.

• our home for the weekend.
Site#3
C
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

No electric, do dishwashing at the water hydrant was a pain.

Hiking near the visitor center was good although we had trouble finding longer trails. We didn't book far enough in advance to do anything but the self guided cave tour. However the outlaw wild cave tour at nearby Jesse James stables was fantastic.