Plum Springs , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Plum Springs Camping Reviews
Best access to big cave

The campground is standard run of fair, pretty spacious & woodsy. THE CAVE IS VERY BIG AND COOL. Reserve the all day guided tour with crawling about in small spaces for the best experience. Make sure your boots have enough tread or you won't be allowed to do the tour!

This is a CUTE campground!

This is a super cute campground.  Easily accessible and very clean sites!  There is a small barn with animals penned up so you can just walk up to the fence and pet them.  My wife and daughter loved that!  Great little dog park with a mini obstacle course.  We had a great little trip here and would love to come again for a longer stay!

It what it says it is!

Cute campground. Dog friendly. Super convenient location to the cave tours. Pretty clean bathrooms. Showers closed due to covid.

Great bath house, some nice sites

They have recently built a new bath house and it’s awesome. It has rooms that each have a toilet, sink and shower. Total privacy! Nice and clean as well. Big points for this amenity.

We had a new site, 6, totally paved and great view of the conestoga wagons and pastures. Came with a movable fire pit and nice picnic table. I think it’s the best site.

Our main issue was the dump station, horrible layout. What takes us maybe 10 minutes took over 25. Plan ahead or decide to dump elsewhere.

The area around the KOA is a bit suspect. You can see an adult store, pass a confederate store on the way into the KOA and have business that are abandoned . While the KOA cannot prevent these things it’s worth noting for travelers. The KoA is a 4 star, if I factored in the area it would be a 3.

Easy trip down to Mammoth Cave. Very close to Hidden River and Kentucky Down Under.

Peace & Quite under the forest canopy!

This was a beautiful campsite. Very clean and quiet. The restrooms were very well kept. A fire pit and picnic table at the sites and a fairly level parking spot. Will be back when passing through.

Love this place

This is our second time here and we love it as much as the first. Will probably be a yearly visit for us. We love all the sites, it’s quiet, near the lake, everyone is friendly. Really nothing bad to say at all(except for all the ticks….spray up)!!!

Nice spacious sites

Very clean, large, private sites. All of the sites have their own space. They are very well laid out. Small campground and easy for the kids to bike and play. The beach was closed for high water, but it looked like a nice area. Only a couple of minor complaints… people drive way too fast on the roads, quiet time not enforced or observed and no gate or anything to regulate traffic. We were at site 8, close to the front, and people were driving in and out all the time and it made me very worrisome with the kids. We also had a group next to us that were still “hanging out” at 2am. We didn’t complain about it, but nothing else seemed to be enforced aside for not parking on the grass. We aren’t complaining campers, but 2am is pushing the limits a little bit in my opinion. I also am giving some grace bc the whole place was full for the holiday weekend. We will go back, I just hope the speed limit will start to be enforced a little More and people are more considerate of the kiddos playing.

A Peaceful Weekend

My friends and I had a lovely weekend camping! The park rangers gave great recommendations of which trails to go on & the site was clean and easy to find. Our neighbors were quiet and despite the rain, we had a great time!

Very nice

The people were very nice and the lake was beautiful

Very peaceful

Nice little tent spaces in the woods offered a lot of tree coverage and nice weather. Bathrooms were kept clean and glad to see they were flushing and not pit toilets!