The best RV SITES camping near
Bachelors Rest , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Bachelors Rest Camping Reviews
I love camping there

I've been there several times and never had a bad experience.

Nice Spot

Very popular for RV. I was just tent camping. Decent sized plots. Bathroom facilities were good. Nice stay.

Great Service

Great staff with friendly service where they try to help you in anyway possible. Family enjoyed putt putt, but the pool wasn’t opened when we were there. Lots were mostly level with full services, but backed up to RV storage field. Would return again and try a different lot.

Nice Campground Right between Lexington and Georgetown

I'll preface this with the fact that I am a Lexington, KY Native and have always lived close to the Kentucky Horse Park and Kentucky Horse Park Campground, but have never stayed there until this weekend.

We stayed on Loop A in site #38.

First, site #38 was a great large and fairly level site with 50AMP hookups and Water. There were no sewer hook ups, but the park has 2 dump stations that accommodate 2 RV/Trailers being dumped at one time. The site had a large amount of space between ourselves and our neighbors and we had a lot of extra space behind out paved site that was grassy. A great area for the kids/pets to run around.

The park has 2 playgrounds (one was closed due to COVID and the sanitizing that would have to be done. The park said they didn't have the staff to sanitize the playground further from the office/store). There is a community pool (it was closed because it isn't memorial day yet and the staff is still trying to determine if it will open this season after being closed all of 2020 due to COVID).

You're able to bring your Golf Cart if you would like but you must get a permit from the campground office/store. They say there is a rule that no one under the age of 16 or anyone without a valid drivers license is allowed to drive the golf carts, but this is clearly not enforced, as my kids were nearly run over (more than once) by young kids speeding around on the gold carts.

The park is great for bike riding and you can travel just a short distance to get to the Legacy Trail (a 12 mile paved trail great from biking/running that runs from the horse park into downtown Lexington). It rained most of the day on Saturday while we were there but in the evening, we got to get the bikes out and go see the horses as they were grazing in the fields.

Right next door, you have the World Famous Kentucky Horse Park. Their trail rides are back open (Ages 7 an older $25.00 per person) and they also have their Pony ride for kids 12 and under ($5 a person) opened back up. You can go visit the different barns, go to the museums, etc.

Just 1 exit north on I75 you have  a Camping World, for all of your camping needs and then 1 exit after that you have a Walmart and Lowes for other things. Many food options as well.

There is a gas station just down Iron Works pike for all of your fuel and and snack needs. Attached to the gas station is also a liquor store.

Your smack in the middle of Georgetown and Lexington which both offer several family friendly Craft Beer Breweries/Taprooms, a lot of great local eating options and bars/nightlife options.

On Holidays now, at the Horse Park Campground, you have to have 5 day minimum stay, which can get a bit pricey.

All around though, great little campsite with easy access to I65/I64.

5 star all the way!

Our family has had multiple reunions at the campground. The service here is impeccable, but that’s just the beginning. The park itself is beautiful and there are plenty of places to get in a great walk. There’s a wonderful pool and awesome snack foods for sale. This is a special place, a perfect spot to build those lasting memories.

Largest campground ever

The reason I gave this campground 4 stars instead of 5 is because I find it to be mostly an RV campground. There are not any "tent only" sections which is really disappointing. Since every site has electric, they are all RV accessible. For an RV'er this place is paradise but if you're a tent'er that likes to get away from them, it will be impossible here. There are a few campsites that sit a litter further away from others.

All that being said, we were here early in the season and it was probably at 25% capacity so we still had plenty of peace and quite in our tent. The campground was extremely clean. It's a bikers paradise because of how large it is (we ended up biking 20 miles on our Huffy's just to see the place). There's a number of trails. We did one which was really nice but in need of some trail maintenance. Bathrooms were numerous, clean, and modern. I didn't shower but the sink's water was extremely hot so the showers should be too.

We wrote down our favorite sites and will definitely return as a "local" camping trip but I still wish they had a tent section.

Good, easy, safe

We car camped here and felt very safe! It was well lit but also had some good dark spots, either way not an issue if you have window coverings and/or sleep masks. It was very quiet!! There were several other RV campers and a vanlifer there, plenty of open lot spaces for pull throughs as well as three designated pull through RV spaces. This place has turned us toward using Cabela's more often!

Great campground !

Beautiful campsite!

High quality modern campground

We’ve stayed here multiple times, good electric & water service with clean bath houses. This time we stayed as a group in loop G, sites 210, 211, 212. They were awesome wooded sites with paved parking, good drainage, low traffic. Had 20, 30, & 50A service. Water station is next to site 210. Any site 200-212 would be a nice site if camping alone. When scheduling through website, each picture of the site is attached to help you book.

Nice campground and state park

One of the cleanest campgrounds we’ve been to. The site are a bit small and some close together but the park offers a lot. Golf, swimming pool, playgrounds, shelters, and a nice lake to fish and kayak on.