the dyrt
Drive In, Walk In, Boat In
Kincaid Lake State Park is located in Kentucky
10 Reviews of Kincaid Lake State Park
Nice scenery, very strict

The campground in tucked in the middle of the state park and seems pretty secluded (no cell service). The primitive camping sites are pretty packed in and don't have a lot of privacy, and not a lot of flat land to set up a tent. $25 a night is a bit steep for the amenities you receive.

The campground is very strict about the rules - you are NOT allowed to gather firewood (of any size - which seems odd to me) but then they are also very strict about what firewood you can bring in. I guess you should plan on buying it there - although they charge $6 a bundle. Another strange thing is that you must have your dogs on a leash at all times. We were literally the ONLY campers there and they still felt the need to enforce this. Our dogs are very friendly and well-behaved. I could understand this if they had gone up to the ranger car, were barking, or not listening to us, but it just seems odd to me to enforce this.

I don't think this would be a park where we will return as it would not have been enjoyable if there had been a lot of other people.

We were able to enjoy the beautiful lake and the fall views.

One last thing to add - there is a cemetery in the middle of the campground which I find a bit creepy!

Golfing in Falmouth Kentucky!

Plenty of primitive camping! Few on the lake. Showers swimming pool. general store inside the park.

Breathtaking scenery

The boating area is nice and has your typical “outdoor “ facilities you would find at a rest area. The scenery of the water and trees are amazing. The campground is good for tent camping but iffy for others. I would definitely bring extra leveling blocks.

Iffy

We went to tour the campground with intentions of pulling our camper (for reference 36' trailer) up there to stay while my husband worked on a contract in a neighboring town. I had read every review that I could find so I kind of knew what to expect. There were very few sites that I could even fit on and even then I would have had to disconnect from the truck and pull in beside the camper. I wasn't sure if I could get the awning and slides out on some of the sites by the way they are set up. Most sites are shaded and a nice little playground for kids. I have an outside kitchen in the back of my camper and it would be hanging out over a hill on most sites. The state could spend a few dollars on this campground and build up the campsites to make them more usable. The campers that were there had to use a ton of blocks to level up so be prepared. Tent sites are all on a sloping hill, so it might get interesting when it rains, still close to the lake with a great view. Pretty enough, but I won't be camping there. It looked like too much work to set up for a few days. Didn't use the restrooms, therefore no judgement. Sorry, I sound like it's not good enough for me, but I just wasn't impressed. Another point is that you can't swim in the lake, why?

our ‘home’ park

we really enjoy Kincaid. nice and quiet. when we go its usually just to relax at the camper. most sites are pretty un-level. another downfall is nothing is within a true walking distance, the pool, mini golf, boat docks, fishing spots.

Great weekend stay!

What a great place to stay! Plenty of water front sites for kayaking and fishing, clean bathhouses, easy to get to, beautiful lake!

Fun and close to Cincinnati

There are few campsites right on the water for fishing reserve early! The grounds are well kept, clean well lit restrooms. Great campground overall.

Great campground. Well kept camp sites. Water and electric.

Campground was well kept. Bathhouses clean with washer and dryers available. Fishing, boating and swimming available. Back in at all sites. Plenty of room for our camper and truck. Staff very gelpful.

Resort campground surrounded by lake

Golf (both full size and mini) and fishing seem to be the main attraction, there are also sports fields, a pool, and some short hiking trails. There’s a tent-only loop along the lake to avoid the many RVs, but there’s no bathroom near them (at least not in about 2012). Well cared for. Limited in options for exploring nature.

so much to do!

This spur of the moment trip lead us to a wonderful park :) Hiking and mini-golf were the highlights for me, while the 9-hole golf course was a highlight for other family members. We all enjoyed the variety of activities at the park as well- tennis, volleyball, a swimming pool, and even an area to rent paddle boats. There is also nice a large campground with primitive camping options as well as sites on the lake.