About Kincaid Lake State Park
Kincaid Lake State Park is located in Kentucky
13 Reviews of Kincaid Lake State Park
Our local go to spot

We love this place. It’s close to home so we know the good spots. Some are uneven and tight but most you have a nice yard. There is a primitive loop that you can camp On the lake. No swimming aloud they have a nice pool for that. There is hiking fishing golf mini golf tennis and playgrounds plus shelter rentals. They have a great Halloween month. Most sites are shaded.

Hilly, beautiful and secluded

My family stayed here because we were visiting the Ark Encounter.  I’m not sure if there are closer campgrounds, but we chose to primitive camp here for our visit.  We arrived with just enough time to set up up our tent and head back towards Alexandria for dinner and supplies at Walmart.  There is not much variety and choices very close.  The RV and tent area is very hilly.  Our tent ground sloped but it didn’t bother us very much.  The campsites are very close to each other but there was only two other tent campers and they were both over 4 sites over from us. The tent area has portable toilets.  I chose to drive to the shower house when I needed to use the restroom.  The shower house is typical of most campgrounds, a few cobwebs but generally clean with shower and toilet stalls.  There are two shower houses for the entire campground.  The lake is very pretty, a few camp grounds are right off the shore.  The only thing I didn’t like was that there was no water spigot in the main tent camp area.

Simple and Basic

Offers over 800 acres for you to Boat, fish, camp, hike, and swim. Very secluded and spaces are somewhat tight. There are basketball courts, a gift shop, mini-golf, opportunity for tennis (equipment may be rented).

Nice scenery, very strict

The campground in tucked in the middle of the state park and seems pretty secluded (no cell service). The primitive camping sites are pretty packed in and don't have a lot of privacy, and not a lot of flat land to set up a tent. $25 a night is a bit steep for the amenities you receive.

The campground is very strict about the rules - you are NOT allowed to gather firewood (of any size - which seems odd to me) but then they are also very strict about what firewood you can bring in. I guess you should plan on buying it there - although they charge $6 a bundle. Another strange thing is that you must have your dogs on a leash at all times. We were literally the ONLY campers there and they still felt the need to enforce this. Our dogs are very friendly and well-behaved. I could understand this if they had gone up to the ranger car, were barking, or not listening to us, but it just seems odd to me to enforce this.

I don't think this would be a park where we will return as it would not have been enjoyable if there had been a lot of other people.

We were able to enjoy the beautiful lake and the fall views.

One last thing to add - there is a cemetery in the middle of the campground which I find a bit creepy!

Golfing in Falmouth Kentucky!

Plenty of primitive camping! Few on the lake. Showers swimming pool. general store inside the park.

Breathtaking scenery

The boating area is nice and has your typical “outdoor “ facilities you would find at a rest area. The scenery of the water and trees are amazing. The campground is good for tent camping but iffy for others. I would definitely bring extra leveling blocks.

Iffy

We went to tour the campground with intentions of pulling our camper (for reference 36' trailer) up there to stay while my husband worked on a contract in a neighboring town. I had read every review that I could find so I kind of knew what to expect. There were very few sites that I could even fit on and even then I would have had to disconnect from the truck and pull in beside the camper. I wasn't sure if I could get the awning and slides out on some of the sites by the way they are set up. Most sites are shaded and a nice little playground for kids. I have an outside kitchen in the back of my camper and it would be hanging out over a hill on most sites. The state could spend a few dollars on this campground and build up the campsites to make them more usable. The campers that were there had to use a ton of blocks to level up so be prepared. Tent sites are all on a sloping hill, so it might get interesting when it rains, still close to the lake with a great view. Pretty enough, but I won't be camping there. It looked like too much work to set up for a few days. Didn't use the restrooms, therefore no judgement. Sorry, I sound like it's not good enough for me, but I just wasn't impressed. Another point is that you can't swim in the lake, why?

our ‘home’ park

we really enjoy Kincaid. nice and quiet. when we go its usually just to relax at the camper. most sites are pretty un-level. another downfall is nothing is within a true walking distance, the pool, mini golf, boat docks, fishing spots.

Great weekend stay!

What a great place to stay! Plenty of water front sites for kayaking and fishing, clean bathhouses, easy to get to, beautiful lake!

Fun and close to Cincinnati

There are few campsites right on the water for fishing reserve early! The grounds are well kept, clean well lit restrooms. Great campground overall.