The best GROUP camping near
Kansas City , KANSAS

Most Recent Kansas City Camping Reviews
Quick getaway

Close to Kansas City so it makes a great quick getaway. Clean, friendly, and right next to Smithville Lake. Our pick for a short trip.

Great campground

Camped at all loops, great sites!

Ok but not on the lake

City ran park

Lake life

Fabulous campground

Great little park

We stayed here for 2 weeks between houses and was great!

Parking lot on a lake

This was a quick stop for us the Friday after thanksgiving. 9 min off the highway. there is a Christmas light display over the holiday causing traffic entering the park around 6 pm. The camping spots were just 2 parking spaces, there were tables around and some fire pits. The bathrooms were warm and very clean. My kids enjoyed walking around and seeing the lights. The lake is beautiful. Would stop again for a quick over night and a morning fish or walk.

Clean But Dated With Lots of Long Term Renters

We visited Basswood Country RV Resort in October 2020. All in all our experience was a positive one, but prospective visitors should know that there is a large section of long term renters that you must drive through to get to the short term sites. This gave the impression that this was less a vacation park and more of a trailer park. The facilities were clean, but older. The site we stayed in was large and level.

Free!

Stayed here overnight 10/30/2020. Only ones in the campground, though some people came and went. Quiet for the most part some distant semiautomatic gunfire late at night but did not feel unsafe at all here. Quite a bit of garbage around, especially in fire pits. There is a pit toilet bathroom but no dumpster.

Great place to camp!

This was the second campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to get to, beautiful overlooking the lake, and was clean. The hiking trails were overgrown and no longer accessible.

Convenient Campground to Escape the City

This was the first campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to book online, the attendants were very nice, and the campground was well maintained. The only thing I did not like was some sites were shared and not individual.