Camping in Wesley

Recent Walk-In Reviews Near Wesley, Indiana

150 Reviews of 16 Wesley, Indiana Campgrounds

A
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Great for a relaxing weekend!

Not a ton of hiking trails but the site was shaded and good size and the pool was really nice! Very quiet even though it was packed, and there were tons of families around. Will definitely keep on our list!

k
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice wooded spots

We had spot 234, big, wooded, close to clean shower house, close to playground. State park is great hiking. Avoid the inner part of that loop if you want any shade, it is an open area.

Brett K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great group camping

We stayed for a long weekend. Large group set up in sites 236-244. Great shaded area. Lots of play space for the kids.

• looking up the road from 243
  • looking up the road from 243
Kevin D.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Clean-good trails

Stayed Spring 2021. Site 108 is clean, level and well groomed. Close to bath house facilities.

Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Been going here since I was a kid

I love this place. The campground is pretty packed but with hiking as good as they have, I’m not surprised. I’d definitely do some hiking and I recommend canoeing sugarcreek as well.

Doug W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Great park in a small town.

We stopped here for a night and you should really spend a few days if you have the time. There is plenty to see and do. With miles of bike trails it is easy to see everything without having to drive.

With only a handful of sites but far enough off the beaten path it's not crowded. This would be…

SiteB
Brett K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great camping spot

Love this clean and quite campground. It has a clean lake and clean restrooms.

• near the south point of the peninsula.
Douglas B.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Great hiking trails

Well maintained trails and campground. We love everything about this place.

Site110?
Month of VisitOctober
Steve H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Hiking

Decent camping sites, the camp store had basics but not much. Very few hiking trails near campground. With a park and lake of this size I would expect more hiking options.

Site005 in Poplar Grove
Jeremie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Great Park

This is a Great Park, my wife and I camp here all the time. Large sites, because they are very wooded lots of shade, not far from downtown, also close to shopping (i.e. Walmart, Meijer). Lots to do in the park as well, fishing, archery, bike riding, canoe/kiak dock, and lots of very nice trails for…

Site19,26,16,39,27
MickandKarla W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Great Little Campground

Heading south out of Elkhart, we happened on this great little campground (CG). We called two hours out and they had a site that would fit our 39’ 5th wheel. We followed our RV GPS and Google maps instructions to the city park and CG area. When we came down the road to the CG we were unsure of the…

• Wind caused decrease in recording quality.  Correction, as site F does have the utilities on the drivers side but they are in the back of the pad so have extra sewer hose.
  • Site C
  • Site C
SiteC
ProfG999 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Nothing there unless you fish which costs extra!

Lots of monthly campers and lots of trash. I picked up a trash bag full just behind my spot. When you check-in the list of rules makes it feel very unwelcoming. The "lakes" are more like ponds but you have to stay away so the anglers get the water. Not supposed to even walk around! You back in so…

lThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Raccoons , Raccoons, Raccoons..lol

It is a lovely park. Especially if you have a boat. They have a separate swimming area its kinda like its own cove. They have a camp store that is okay. They dont have much to choose from but there is a DG just down the road. Excellent fishing and fun trails to explore. The adorable raccoons are…

Siteprimitive.
Erika N.
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2021

Beautiful Little Camp

It use to be KOA New owners 2 year it is pet friendly But for there feet the Campsite is jacket rocks rough on the dog's paws and a little to close to the freeway But everything else was nice clean very friendly staff hot showers no breakfast

• The front office
  • Beautiful Setset.
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2021

My 'home' campsite.

I live about 30 minutes from Kickapoo SP and anytime I feel I need to camp I head over. Great little campground in Central Illinois. Some pretty trails overlooking, beside, and sometimes through water. The RV sites are great for either rv, van, or tent camping with a lot of level ground at most…