The best WALK IN camping near
Troy , INDIANA

Most Recent Troy Camping Reviews
Peaceful tent camping.

In Hoosier National Forest. Clean, quiet, uncrowded. Friendly manager.

Loved it

Really enjoyed this park. Beautiful lake views. Staggered sites so everyone has space and views. The walk around the lake is lovely. No WiFi but they said the are having it installed. T-Mobile had good service.

Not for us

As soon as we exited the highway we were struggling to see though the immense cloud of smoke that was building bigger denser as we approached the park. We quickly learned that this was from all of the camp fires in the park, it was then we realized that this park was a small city.
The Pro’s - they have every amenity you can think of for everyone including the family dog. The park is located in a cute town with a deep Christmas theme. You will meet a lot of people most of which were great. Bathrooms and other related areas were very clean and well maintained. Daily trash pick up. AT&T cell signal was good.
The Con’s - There are people every where and it appeared that many of them did not know they were in a family camp while consumed beer after beer cussing at there friends and family while playing there inappropriate music very loud (I’m not saying I think they shouldn’t be able to do this its just seemed out of place in a town themed after Christmas, and in a park called Rudolph lake with a heavy focus on families. I think the park can do a better job of controlling this). The electrical at our site was not working properly and we had to run off of a 110 plug we found. The smoke at night was a little hard on the lungs. There is Wifi but it was virtually un-usable.

Cute lakes, paddlable but not swimmable. Nice camp hosts.

When we stayed here it was like 100 degrees.  Our camp host was so sweet and gave us a box fan to use (there is electrical) so that we could have some relief from the heat.

Our camp site was nice and private yet close to a bathroom.  The bathroom, even though vaulted, was kept very clean.

The lakes are pretty and we were able to explore with our paddle boards, but I wouldn't necessarily swim there.

We liked this pretty campsite.

We had cellular reception so we were able to work and stream music.  :)

There were these cute little lizards that roamed our campground.  Didn't expect to see those.  They are harmless, and probably eat the mosquitos, so we liked them.

Beautiful lake and well maintained park.

We stayed a few nights at this campground in October.  The campground is made for smaller sizes but we were able to negotiate the main ring road with our 37' travel trailer.  The spot that we had reserved was in an area were we could not get into but we went to the gatehouse and they gave us another spot that was on the main ring road that we were able to park in with no issues.  Cell service was great with Verizon and AT&T service.  The lake was beautiful and the park was well maintained.  Wished the beach, paddle boats, and petting zoo was open…  Still had a great time.  We will surely come back next year when everything is open!!  Had 30 and 50 amp service with water hookups and a dump station at the exit.  Make sure you have plenty of leveling blocks.  We used all of ours and was not level.

Near Caves

I stayed on late October and I was the only one there, except for a family on the cabins. The spots are just near and walking distance from the caves and other attractions. They have two potable water spots (so no water on each spot), picnic tables, fire rings, grills and every spot faces the little river. restrooms and showers too. You can bring small pets inside the cave if you carry them all time. I have a small zuchon and carry her in a doggy backpack 🎒 she loved it!

Nice but nope

It took me 20 from route 64 to find this place. If you are solo female traveler don’t even waste your time. After 5 min of driving on the very skinny gravel road y saw what it look like spots but Iam not sure really. 10 min later I got to the coordinates and there was nothing, not seven an opening just more road. Y just keep driving till I got back to 64 and found a Cracker Barrel 17 miles away.

Small sites but very clean!

Camp sites are pretty small, but are aligned along a small stream. Heavy truck and train traffic can be heard at all hours. Sites equipped with electricity, a gazebo & picnic table, and fire pit. Camp store, cave tours, gift shop, and other pay activities are within steps of camping, but only open until 5:00. No security or staff at all after hours. Bath house was heated, extremely clean with flush toilets, and continual hot water. City water access in the middle of the campsite. Play area and 2 large covered areas for get together's. Newer cabins looked very nice from outside. Caves are obviously a must see while there. More caves are within driving distance.

An oasis in the woods

This place was perfect for primitive camping. There were people with horses and horse carriers but no issue with space or any smell. Great trails that our kids (ages 2-9) loved. Only reason for 4 stars is no drinking water or fire pit.

Clean; Excellent Customer Service

My family and I are new to the RV World.  We are currently renting a Class A Motorhome (33ft; double slide) and traveling to the 48 contiguous states.  We began our trip in Columbus, OH (our home) and drove to Mammoth Cave in KY.  From KY, we drove to Santa Claus, IN for our first night stay in the RV.

I am so glad we hooked up water, sewer and electricity for the first time at this site.  All of the equipment was clean and well-kept.

We were greeted immediately upon arrival, given face masks and hand sanitizer, and kindly escorted to our site.  The concrete pad was in excellent condition and the lot seemed roomy (although we were practically the only campers in our section of the park).    If you are looking to be surrounded by nature, you may not appreciate overlooking the waterpark, but we didn't mind.

I would have gladly given the site 5 stars, but nothing was open and my husband had his heart set on a funnel cake - as advertised.