Beecher City , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Beecher City Camping Reviews
Perfect

Best campground hands down mellow and friendly

Crazy Convenient Overnight Spot

This place was a godsend. I called frantically searching for a space in late November and was greeted by a lovely person who got me all set up over the phone. She had me call as I was approaching and came down and met me at the office to check me in. It had water (with defroster on the podium), sewer and functional electric. Unfortunately the weather was garbage and I didn’t get to explore the lake but it was a great experience none the less.

Great campground

Site 26. We were basically by ourselves being mid week in November. Great view. Nice camp hosts. This place looks like it could get pretty full in the summer. It has its own swimming pool. Wish we could stay one more night.

Great Stop-off

We stopped here on our way home for one night, but got in early enough to enjoy a walk and have a camp fire that evening. Small park but very long, narrow pull through sites on the full hook up side, there were some smaller water/electric sites that looked to be more of a parking lot that sites, but well spaced out and adequate. The camp host was very friendly and the camp store was well stocked.

Cabins and more

This State Park is located outside Carlyle,Illinois. This park offers playground areas and more. Cabins, campsites with power or no power the choice is yours. This is one State Park i enjoy visiting. However there are times this park cannot be accessed because of flooding.

Perfect stop!

Barb and Gary were the most accommodating hosts! We had called 2 hours out, on our way from Ohio to Arkansas, and they met our every need; even on such short notice! Perfect stop off of I70. Beautiful walking paths, convenient, great pricing. They filled us up on LP too. Thanks again, Barb and Gary!

Hazlet-Carlyle Lake

This is a decent place with quite a few spots with lake views. Well maintained. Plenty of shade. Tents and RVs. Crowded most holidays. Close to grocery. Great Mexican restaurant in town.

Huge! Sites....

I have gone to Idnr Hazlet since I was a little kid. The lake is definitely an upside while in 100 degree IL humidity. Most of the campsite are spacious and almost every one has water access as long as you don’t mind a little mud. The bathrooms could be cleaner but other wise not to shabby. Unfortunately I don’t have any picture to did it justice.

Nice overnight stay

We spent a quick night on our cross country trip and we’d stay again. Accommodated our same day reservation. We got a water/electric pull through in the overflow area on the north side. Most of the campers on that end seemed to be semi-permanent vacation trailers and were empty for the most part. The other side was a little more bustling but overall it was a very quite park. Kid friendly, well cared for and thoughtfully laid out . Pond is beautiful and visible from most spots. Freeway noise was unobtrusive. Old school mom and pop place with a friendly vibe!

Perfect

Great place, very clean $40 per night not bad includes WiFi electric, water, sewer, there’s a pool and a lake, shower house for man and woman. Friendly staff