Carlinville, ILLINOIS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Carlinville Camping Reviews
open, easy in and out

Easy on off, right by highway, pulled in after dark and they met us to show us to the site and got us settled. Easy pull thru site with 40' and toad. basically a big open flat field with sites and building spread throughout. Cute little fenced in pet area with benches for the pups to stretch. came thru in February, so only a few permenant people. very quiet and super clean. would stay again

The Kampground is no longer a last resort.

Never really wanted to go somewhere called "The Last Resort". Just seems like they didn't want to be your first choice. But now its called "The Kampground", and it's under new ownership. The new owner has really done a fantastic job of restoring this property which was formerly a church kids camp. The bathrooms were really clean, property well maintain, staff was extremely nice and hospitable, and the area is really quiet with neighbors far enough away that any noise we made went unheard. Thanks for everything Steve!

Best kept secret

If you don’t know anything about this place, I would recommend it! The sites are level and clean, and the lady who checked me in was very nice and accommodating. You are a stones throw away from Katy trail which will take you to downtown St. Charles. The trail is about 1.5-2 miles to get to downtown. You can bike or walk there. You are on the final approach for the airport, so I’ll could be a lil noisy for some. The only bad thing which isn’t the campgrounds fault, is you can’t have a camp fire due to the city ordinances. But if that’s the worst….I’ll take it. Wish I had taken pictures of the campground but there was so much to do in St. Charles that I forgot to take them.

A fanatastic little place to camp

A small and not crowded place to camp with all you need and hospitality. Great for tent camping and hiking.

Very well kept up

Clean and very nice campsites.

Easy access

I have to preface my review by saying that this isn’t my kind of campground. I like trees and nature around. This park had very little of that. It seems to be new, and there are trees planted, but it will be awhile before they provide any shade. I stopped here because it was the closest location to an RV repair shop that I unfortunately needed to visit on my way to Chicago.

On the plus side, because it’s new the restrooms/showers were very clean and modern. The site I was in had full hook ups. The water pressure was so strong that I could barely open the water pump!

I think the best thing this campground has going for it is it’s location. Proximity to historic St. Charles and the bike trail.

The park host mentioned that the rates would be going up for next season.

Great family campground

Really love this Campground! The owners are a young family, with a bunch of kids! They live across the road to handle any issues. The lodge/office is open til 8. Level packed gravel sites. We have a 40’ class A. Plenty of pull thru sites. Back in sites are great too. Lots of trees. Good shade. Well kept grounds. 2 catch and release ponds. Playground. Fire pit. AT&T wireless service. Every weekend has an event. Bluegrass to crafts. Right outside of Jacksonville, Ashland, Virginia, and close enough to Springfield. We were there last weekend and will be there again at the end of the month. Happy Camping!

Nice and quiet campground!

Nice and quiet campground, we stay there during the Illinois State Fair every August and it is about 20 mins away from the fairgrounds. Only down fall is there needs to be more rock on the sites, the sites get muddy after a rain!

Clean campground right on the lake!

Beautiful state owned campground that is well maintained and has everything you could want including mostly shaded sites that are level and have plenty of room and many sit right on the lake. There are even cabins to rent in the hickory point campground.

Great place!

Very clean and well kept. The campsites, the showers, everything.  Very affordable.  I will definitely go back.