Hidden Springs State Forest Possum Creek Campground

Add Campground Info

• Drive-In
    Park next to your site
  • Boat-In
    Sites accessible by watercraft.

Stay Connected

• 1
  • 2
d
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Figure out how this works

Camping on the Mississippi River at tower rock was a great experience . The hosts were working hard to get the “Devil’s backbone “ campground back to a resemblance of the pre-flood accommodations . I had power , water and sewer. $25 per night . I’m thankful for being able to sit on the sandbar…

Sitethe best one
R
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2018

Great Place to Camp

Always a pleasant experience. The staff is extremely cordial and remembered us after the first visit.

Dymond T.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2018

Very laid back

I actually went to possum Creek Campground with my dad. If you are a Fisher then you will love this Campground. We used 3 tents in a lots of bug spray. I caught so many fish my dad was amazed because it was my first time. That was my first memory and family trip that we took it was breathtaking.

Hidden Springs State Forest Possum Creek Campground is located in Illinois

Directions

From Interstate 57 .Get off of I57 at Mattoon Exit Go west on Route 16 thru Mattoon, continue on Route 16 west thru the town of Gays , through the next town of Windsor. Two miles west of Windsor Route 16 Junctions with 32 South. Turn left on 32 . Go 4 miles through the town of Strasburg Proceed 2 miles , turn right off of Route 32 Brown Information signs for Hidden Springs. 4 miles on this road you will be at drive to the office of Hidden Springs State Forest.

Address