About Sherwood Forest
Municipal
Sherwood Forest is located in Illinois
4 Reviews of Sherwood Forest
Amazing Find!

After a massive disappointment at a nearby state park, we came to Sherwood Forest as a last resort. We were beyond pleasantly surprised!

First off, the camp host came and met me at 7pm on Sunday to get me set up. He took me on a golf cart to give me a tour of the available spots. He was so completely friendly and just all-around good!

The place is an amazing little resort-like campground. It’s nicely tucked away with plenty of shade.

The playground is super nice and very well maintained.

Our site is very large with an equally large grass lawn area.

I didn’t visit the bathhouse or laundry facilities but judging by the cleanliness of everything else, I’m sure those are exemplary.

I will most certainly be back!

Hidden Gem in Rural Illinois

Best Lake, Marina, campground and all around scenery.

Gorgeous campground

This campground is like a resort but it’s not! It’s a city campground. The folks are great, friendly and yet it’s a quiet campground! Full hookups and your not close together, big rig accessible. I can’t say enough about this campground.

Quiet and Clean

We stayed here in our Motorhome but the sites are pretty small and you are right next to your neighbor. There is tree coverage that surrounds the campground so it feels very secluded from the rest of the world but it would be even better if they added more trees between campsites.