The best GROUP camping near
Wildwood Estates , GEORGIA

Most Recent Wildwood Estates Camping Reviews
One night stop only

It gets 2 stars because the staff was nice but the park looks run down. Every site needed mowing (no rain so no excuse) and the site next to us was blocked off because of a water leak for quite some time, algae growing on the water. Trees need to be trimmed. It is easy on easy off of 75. ‘45 MH

Fantastic views

Be back to review

Not worth it

Campground was full but paid for the day use so I could go hiking and use the bathroom after being on the road for 5 hours straight. Well…there were no bathrooms EXCEPT in the campground. Therefore there was no parking for the bathrooms.

The park is mostly roads. Roads that lead you only to more roads. Couldn’t find a purpose for most of them other than they connect you to more roads. Not to campsites, not to recreation, not to pretty views…just more pavement.

Gate guy was also kind of rude.

So glad I didn’t spend the $26 for a campsite

This is a KOA Journey and a good stop

The RV sites are nice with limestone pads. I was able to park my 45 ft. Motorhome and Jeep toad without unhooking. Full hookup are adequate with nice bath houses. Wifi was about 40% until the park filled up then nothing. Cable tv reception screen quality was poor. Without cement pads, poor cable and wifi, I could not give a higher rating. If you don’t need cable or wifi, this is a great park.

Great service

Pulled in for an overnight on a road trip. Got in around 7:00 and was offered food from a little hot kitchen on site which was a great convenience after being in the road. Escorted to site by an attendant, ensured that we had everything we needed, shortly after they left they returned with a few warm cookies as a thank you for staying. Campsite trash service and other conveniences that made for a great short experience. Will be back.

Great Lake front sites

Nice small campground. Very well maintained. Site18 was great for us and boat and 2 dogs. Most sites were large with plenty of space. Water and electricity but no sewer. Have dump station. Nice areas between site and lake. Cell signal was good for Verizon and AT&T was good to stream video. Bathrooms very clean and lots of shower room. They do have a playground as well. The boat ramp was easy to get to for our small fishing boat. Launched my kayak right from the site. Great sunsets. The 3,600 acre Lake Juliette was nice. It was calm most mornings but usually a little windy in afternoon. The GP power plant is close by. There is some road noise at some sites since it is just off the road. Would not like a few of the sites due to that. Maybe not so bad in summer with leaves on the trees. Paul and Sue were very nice camp hosts and informative about the area. Had a great time. Looking forward to coming back in warmer weather and the fish are biting. Gave 4 stars due to road noise only. May not bother most people.

Good Overnight Stop

This was a good overnight site.  Typical KOA pull through where you are close to your neighbor.  They have a small dog park which is a bonus.  Staff was friendly and helpful.

Great stop if you’re passing through

Stopped here to camp overnight on our way down to Florida from Ohio. Arrived around 9:30 and was able to check-in after hours via a box with an envelope next to the office. Only us and a few other people so it was pretty quiet. The restrooms were very clean and well lit, and in this current covid time going to a public restroom can be dicey so I appreciated that.

It is right next to the highway, which is quick and great if you’re just pulling in for the night. We camped in a truck but if you’re a tent camper you will be hearing the dull roar of the expressway all night if that bothers you!

Great Park!

This place is HUGE!! As others have said, the sites are a little close together and there's some traffic noise, but neither bothered me very much - I was real close to the road too, so not that bad at all. I was quite comfortable the two days I stayed here. They have a little convenience store with camping gear you may have forgotten (or didn't know you needed!), souvenirs, food, and other essentials. The bathrooms are nice and there are some on-site fun to be had with a basketball hoop and playground.

Average stay

Site #52, full hookup site, slightly unlevel but generally a good site.

Park has a museum and war time tank and aircraft.  Large field where local airplane hobbyists come and fly their models.  Campground was quiet, and very dark at night.  We did see some wildlife roaming as we ventured out in to the park.

The hosts did a good job of keeping the restrooms clean.  I don't recall seeing any park officials driving through the campground.

Campground is at the back of the park, so not a lot of outside traffic.  Fishing and boating, Restaurant and bar not busy at all.

I will say it was pricey, $60/night