The best BOAT IN camping near
Wesley Oaks , GEORGIA

Most Recent Wesley Oaks Camping Reviews
First time tent camping

After going camping with the Boy Scouts we decided that we liked camping so we bought a 10-person tent and the first place we went was Little Talbot Island which is close to home. The campsites are small but they are in between the tree so you can't see your neighbors. The bathrooms were close by and clean, the only drawback was that the beach was across the street and quiet a walk. Once you make the hike to the beach it's absolute Heaven. There are not very many people, the beach is beautiful whitish sand. water is clear, it was very enjoyable to spend the day at the beach. Of course at the end of the day it rained.

Nice Campground near Jekyll Island

We stayed in the tent only area and it was nice.  I don't remember a lot of road noise but then we traveled 2 weeks around Florida and heard road noise in every park so maybe I was Immune to it.  The bath house in at the swimming beach and it is a little walk, so if you have little ones that might be a pain.  Also in the summer I can imagine it would be packed with day use visitors.  We checked in late so no interactions with any Park staff but the lady that booked the site on the phone was nice.  Park is close to Jekyll Island where there are killer bike paths all around the island and that is what we were there for.  The camp ground on Jekyll did not look good.  I would return and stay here.

Lovely!

Had a great time, the park and beach were beautiful, the campgrounds and restrooms were clean!

Quiet Campground on a beautiful island.

We had such a great experience! This campground is tucked away at the end of the island. We took a beautiful walk to the fishing pier and then out to the driftwood beach which was just incredible. A golf cart or bikes are a must if you want to visit the areas many restaurants, parks, natural, and historical sites. They do have adult bikes for rent and a great little store for those easily forgotten items. The site was well maintained when we arrived, everyone (and their pups) were friendly, and the bathrooms were warm and clean.

Island Oasis

There is an extra fee/toll to get out to the island to be aware of. Well worth it! Just a stunning place overall. Spanish moss covered the trees over roads. It was like a movie. Driftwood beach is walking distance and a must see!

Nice quiet adn relaxing

LSW is a nice quiet park. Playground for the kids. Walking trails, boardwalk on one end of the lake. Lake isnt big, boats and jet skis are limited. I hear the fishing is good. Lots of open areas to enjoy. Bikes, canoes and kayaks to rent.

We were in site#2. Nice level site. The site directly behind us was somewhat close, but otherwise a good site. We have friends in#30 and#31, not too close but not too far away.

The hosts did a good job of keeping the bathhouse clean and stocked. The office staff were helpful and nice. Over all a nice park that we will visit again.

Bring your bikes!

We had planned to come to Jekyll Island but did not realize how packed the campground would be. They managed to find us a spot but wanted a two night minimum because it was the weekend. Spots were a bit on top of eachother, but once we got out for the campground to explore the island we fell in love!
So many bike trails all around the island! We rode all the way into town and back, stopping at the market and riding over to the historic district was super neat! Also if you make it there in the winter they have an amazing light show set up under the oak trees which we just stumbled upon, jaw dropping! Jekyll island is highly recommended, the campground is OK if you don’t mind being on top of eachother… we like our space 😅

Surrounded by nature

Lots of trees everywhere. They tuck the sites among the trees. Staff was very helpful at check in, lead us right to our spot. Walking distance to pier and Driftwood Beach. They rent bikes. You really need a car or bike to explore the island.

Breathtaking too close to each other

I love camping growing up and I loves going to the beach so I was very excited to come to Jekyll Island but I’m really disappointed let me tell you God did his handiwork here this place is absolutely breathtaking and we got lucky we’re tent camper so we’re in a corner in the back of us is nothing but words which is amazing for us but the campground itself there’s one campsite on top of another and there’s too many people with no space and I heard they’re just building more instead of spreading people out I think at one time this could’ve been a very incredible place if you’re looking for privacy and one with nature this is not it! If you don’t mind your friendly neighbor at a campground and this is the place for you I can’t say it’s not a beautiful place when I’m camping I want to be alone

Great Lake, a little crowded.

If you aren’t lucky to get one of the sites right on the lake the inner sites can get a little crowded with very little privacy. One of the sites farther off the lake hugging the treeline would have been nice. Otherwise nice facilities and great playground. Swimming area and kayaks to rent. Nice cabins, but quite a hike to them if you have friends staying there.