The best BOAT IN camping near
Rocky Shoals Estates , GEORGIA

Most Recent Rocky Shoals Estates Camping Reviews
Camping @ Stone Mtn Park

We had a blast the year we camped out at Stone Mtn, We rode the ferry boat, the train, then walked up the mountain to ride the skylift back down it just in time to watch the laser show. After the laser show was over and we ran around the big grassy area waiting for the cars to clear out we headed to our camping area, & made s'mores.

Great State park and camping

We were on site 213 and 214. Beautiful wooded site lots of space between sites in this loop. Very short walk to lake. Loop 1 sites are lake front and lake view but more close together than we like. Sites pretty level and gravel. Concrete picnic table, fire ring and light pole with lots of room fir our dogs. Bathroom facilities were very clean, with showers and laundry. Placed well around the campground. Playground but not opened at this time. Lots of hiking trails, pool, can rent canoes and paddle boats on the lake. Dog friendly. Close to Calloway Gardens and little town of Pine Mountain.

Beautiful state park

Spacious RV/tent sites and cabins surround lake. Clean and well maintained, beautiful trails.

Pleasantly suprised

This place was very nice, we had site 96, 10ft off the water, concrete pad that was very level, bath houses were clean. There were lots to do here, hiking,bicycling,fishing,boating, tennis courts.. grocery store about 3 miles away with a few restaurants. Definitely a return trip in the plans

Beautiful and great cell phone coverage

We have been looking for a water view, with cell phone signal, in order to be able to work from the camper. Bingo! We are at camp site 35, which is in a cove and I’m not complaining of working from the hammock, overlooking West Point! I will say this particular site in a bit small, and you can’t stay hooked up to the camper… there’s not enough room. Site 36 is a better choice, but it was reserved. The pad is right off the camper and the few feet you walk to get to the lake is easy to access. We will be back!

F.D. Roosevelt State Park a natural historical beauty.

This campground offers it all. Set in F.D. Roosevelt State Park you are surrounded by forest, lakes, streams, rock formations and campsites are quiet and private.  We stayed in site #114 directly on the lake.  The state reconfigured some of the sites along the lake and site #114 is no longer on a slope.  Very level space with water, electric and sewer.  Close to a very clean restroom, playground, rental boat ramp and so much more.  Everything a family could want to spend a few days in nature.  Lots to do in the area - Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, city of Columbus, Chattahoochee River, Little White House, etc.  Highly recommend this jewel in Georgia.

Nice place

Reserved out spot long in advance to get a spot on the lake, please do like all campgrounds all sites are not created equal. Most all are concrete pads and level but if your camper is over 25’ or so length may cause a problem. Not really any hiking to do other than take a walk around the campground that’s huge. Kids on bikes seemed to be having a ball, mostly relaxing and if your into fishing for adults. Lake sites are huge and well spaced out with plenty of shade and privacy, others seemed packed in (as with most parks). Verizon was weak over most of the property talk and text ok but data not so much.

Stunning as can be

Wow! Mother Nature is sure the baddest of them all… This place have everything from hiking trails, camping and daily picnics, it’s not over crowded to where it’s uncomfortable but it’s so still and an essence of such a chill vibe. If I could move here I would! Clean and well kept.

If you want to go to day use they do charge 5 dollars for parking.

When camping you have free range of the water for kayaks, canoes, etc. Just NO swimming’s allowed. They have yurts, walk up tent camping and regular spots available. Nice covered areas where the group table is and grill. Each yurt spot had a table which is very nice, lantern holders and charcoal grill. That have very well and defined paths that are lighted at night. Oh and did I mention the most amazing park for your children…

Clean bathrooms and potable water and trash cans available

Super impressed and the camp host is nice.

Here are my star ratings based on my lifestyle and what I like. I'm also a mother, dog mama, and a wife so it's not just me it's my crew and i. 1 star- AUTOMATIC relocate… the property is no longer there, trashed or/and I could never have my children there and I wouldn't ever think about staying no matter what. 2 star- Not really my jam, and would NEVER go to again… It probably more of desert life and not really my style for sure…Being from Vegas I can't stand being in the desert and I love the Trees and the Green more than anything. 3 star- Would stay there again in a pinch, but not really my style, the reason its not is because not enough family things to do, the scenery, or the location… but I would go again and feel safe having my kiddos here but only if I needed to in a pinch. 4 star- a really good rating for sure, maybe needed some improvements, minor things like being on top of each other, not a lot of privacy, but honestly little cosmetic things that aren't anything to sweat and would be back again for sure. 5 star- MY FAVORITE… love the location, safety, the surroundings, big camp spots available to fit toys for my kids to play, hammocks to hang, our big family tent, cases of firewood, our suburban or RV, etcccccc….. I would not only come back but would live if I could!!! Anyway thanks for reading and enjoy every moment like it's your last! CHEERS!

Very well kept

Really clean. Plenty of bath houses. A number of sites directly on the lake are tent only, or very very small pull behinds. Lots of hiking but its not marked out very well. Especially if GPS brings you in the back entrance. The center to check in is about 1.5 miles from there and no signs clearly tell you were to go. But otherwise this is a beautiful place.