Camping in Greeley Junction

599 Reviews of 102 Greeley Junction, Colorado Campgrounds

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2021

Great

Really nice place. Pay showers which are very clean. Spots are a decent size

Kirk M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Kind of plain

Seems like there are better places to camp with more beauty. Not a ton of trees.

SiteStte Park
e
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

beautiful location!

I loved the night I spent here! I stayed in one of the first 5 sites I saw, and only maybe 20 feet away was an amazing view of the mountains.

It's about 50 minutes from Boulder, and you lose service about 40 minutes out, so it's great if you plan on staying for a least a couple days. I had no…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Rude camp host

Camp host didn’t correctly label the site and completely freaked out on us yelling.

t
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

Peaceful!

First of all, I was greeted by 4 mule deer as soon as I pulled into my campsite, so that was cool. I’ve been traveling solo with my dog, and this place was just the peace and quiet that I was looking for. Friendly hosts, bear boxes for storage, clean bathrooms, enough space between tents, and…

SiteM66
Jesse K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Currently closed

Unfortunately this campground is closed due to the fires that happened near by in 2020. There was no real. Damage to the campground itself from the looks of it. Talked to someone at forest service in September 2021 and they are unsure if and when it may reopen.

Siteopen
Natalie G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Beautiful, Peaceful Location

I absolutely loved it here! Very quiet and lots of wildlife to watch. B213 has direct line of sight to Moraine Park so if you want to watch the rut, that's the site to reserve!

• Play button icon
SiteB213
Cynthia K.
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

By I - 80

This is A KOA we stopped at on our way home. It is close to Interstate 80. That means easy on- easy off, but also highway noise. Someone else mentioned trains, but I never heard any.

Friendly service, clean bathrooms/showers. The sites & roads are all gravel, with a few trees. The…

Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Lovely when the water cooperates and the yahoos stay home

We do the boat-in camping 2-3 times a season for the past 7 years or so. The coves are great but it's a bit of a gamble as sound travels so well and yahoos are prevalent. If you get one party boat who plays music medium-loud until 1am you are going to be grumpy and your kids will be super fun the…

SiteB3
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Haven't camped here yet, just sharing photos!

This was full over 4th of July 2021, no surprise but seemed quiet and it was very pretty. Sharing some photos of sites that had nice river access for kids and good shade.

• Site 19 - North side of the River, nice shade and very pretty views.
  • Site 23/24 on the South side of the River I believe. Two good sites for 'groups' with plenty of flat tent area and decent river proximity just past their shade tents. (forgive the headless people, quick filter for privacy but it got creepy)
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Serene, clean and great access

We lucked into an awesome spot over the 4th of July, arriving Thursday afternoon - Sunday. The restrooms were clean and well stocked, the campground was incredibly quiet because of the rushing river sounds and it was beautiful. We stayed in #9 and 10 on the East loop. Site 10 is very wide but…

• The perfect little gully and hang out area for the kids where they wouldn't get swept away.
  • Fishing was rough due to rainstorms and sediment but still relaxing. This is right in front of site 10/11.
  • The little gulley in front of site 10 where the water isn't rushing.
Site9 & 10
RThe Dyrt PRO User

Quick Overnight Stop

The entrance to the campground was a little tight for 35’ fifth wheel. If you come in from the West prepare for wide turn. RV spaces were a little tight. That night as we were laying in bed we could hear our neighbors outside their trailer planning their next stop. You can see from the attached…

• Restrooms & laundry
  • A Little Too Close For Us
  • Showers
SiteS6
Ryan L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

First experince at NPS campground

First experience with a national park campground. We were there at a time they were implementing reduced capacity, but that had nothing to do with social distancing. We had two tents and it was a chore to make sure they fit into the assigned area. It had lots of bathrooms and never had to wait to…

• C68 campsite
  • C68 campsite
SiteC68
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Okay for price

We were there one night. The site we were at had no shade and space between other site was really close. The BBQ was really good…it’s the reason we picked this one. It was an okay setup, not great.

SiteM2