Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Reverend's Ridge Campground is located in Colorado
18 Reviews of Reverend's Ridge Campground
Dated amenities

This place was "okay". They don't make it very easy to find, but I was glad it was tucked away. The facilities were clean, sure, but everything was old and there was market writing and scratches on the bathroom walls, as well as prison-style TP holders with a piece of bar steel shoved through a cardboard-tubeless toilet paper holder that you had to manually turn for each precious sheet of single-ply. It was off season so I gave them an extra star…

It was also QUITE a trek up the mountain to get there from Golden, with a LOT of steep grades, and multiple SLOW switchbacks.

Not enough time

Stayed at a tent site one night and wish we had planned for two. Beautiful facilities and well-kept sites. Would love to explore all the trails next time. A place to go back to.

Awesome spot close(ish) to Denver

We loved this spot so much we stayed 3 nights when we only planned for one. Clean amenities, friendly park rangers, quiet nights, and the dogs loved it. I have at&t and I had full service, my boyfriend has Verizon and had none.

Awesome!

Campground is very clean. Loop E (electric hookups) is very spacious and well laid out. Every campsite is a pull thru allowing you situate anywhere along the paved area to best suit your needs. Mostly level, fire rings, and very large metal picnic tables. Enormous amount of room.

Great hiking and bike trails

This spot is just a quick ride outside of Golden. The scenery is gorgeous with several trails to hike or mountain bike. The campsites are clean and easy to get to. Great for families with little ones. You are pretty close to your neighbors and it’s busy. We went with friends with adjacent campsites, so that made it fun. However, if we were camping alone it would have been a little close next door. The bathrooms are clean and park rangers monitored the area often.

Amazing drive up to the campground first of all! Beyond that the campsites are so well maintained and the facilities in the campground were clean and well maintained. Racoon trail is right off of the loop we stayed in and it was a truly amazing hike. Fire rings are not very deep but the grills attached were clean.

Great family camping

What a great campground!  This is less than an hour from our house, perfect for a quick night away.  I'm camping for the first time in decades, hoping to give my toddler a love of the outdoors.  Reverends Ridge is perfect for family campers.  In spot 86 (Loop I), we were close enough to the flush toilets (yea!) but far enough away from neighbors.  We were able to explore easily from our site and my daughter had a great time checking out the campsite. The drive-up site was very clean, the tent pads have nice tie-down points and the fire pit and grill gate were fully operational.  We were able to buy wood from the main office. I really appreciated the dishwashing station next to the bathrooms.  The campground is about 20 minutes from Nederland, a nice escape for ice cream and the short rain storm that came in during the afternoon.

There were tons of families around and it was very quiet by 10 pm.  Not so much the next morning!  If you like to sleep in, I would bring some earplugs, there were lots of early risers.  But I prefer that to loud music and rowdy groups at night.

Winter Wonderland

Visited the Reverend Ridge campground the weekend of March 6 for some early camping. The setting was a bit snowy but spectacular. The trailer pad was icy but cleared, and after some shoveling we were able to find the fire pit! If it is this great in the spring, imagine how great it is in the summer!

Perfect Quick Escape

Trees, trails and tranquility just an hour from Denver? Yes please! This is one of my new favorite spots -perfect for a quick weekend escape. We loved the roomy pull through spots for our camper, easy electrical hookups, super clean bathrooms and shower house. So many other campgrounds in Colorado have been hit hard by the pine beetle epidemic, but Reverends Ridge still has towering trees that make the loops feel private and remote. Dont mIss the easy hike to Panorama Point. From there you can let link to the rest of the extensive trail system through the park.

Tent camping with beautiful views if you get the right spot!

There are RV, Tent and Yurt camping sites. Bathrooms, showers, dishwashing area and laundry facilities but still in nature and beautiful views and trails, especially in the non-electric tent sites. Great staff at the check in area.

Year 2021 Flag