Camping in Aliso Viejo

41 Reviews of 8 Aliso Viejo Campgrounds

Brittney  C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Big rv spots

Good place to rv stay. Back in sites with HUGE additional spots for extra vehicle. No tables Full hook ups All paved spots which is great because no dust getting into your rig. I took a picture of 5 before we pulled in so you can see how huge. The host is friendly and lives on site. No pool A…

Brittney  C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Military ONLY

Must have military clearance to rv here

Tom V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Great Place to Camp

Nicely kept lake campground on Camp Pendleton for ID card holders.

SiteF1A
P
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Full timers

Park is full of full time campers. Lots of clutter and unsightly sites of makeshift roofs and enclosures. I drove thru to check it out and will not be staying. Might be a great place to live, but not for camping purposes.

THE A.
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Best place to kayak

This one is to die for when it comes to kayaking

• Play button icon
Sitehere now
THE A.
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Always a good time

I really like this close to home campground as it is very beautiful and near the water

E
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Awesome park

Such a beautiful park. The park rangers are so helpful and friendly. The porta potties at the campsites were very clean. We were first timers so we opted for a space with electricity. Will definitely be going back soon.

SiteOrtega Flats Campground
Chad M.
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2021

WILL GO AGAIN!

My family joined our extended family for a weekend away at Blue Jay campground. It is only an hour drive from our home in Newport Beach, but felt like we were a million miles away.

Getting to the campground is fun and gorgeous. Ortega Highway is a pretty drive and the final two miles up the…

Frank P.
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2020

Very Private

Perfect get away close to the city clean, hook ups, hiking trails, beautiful views

Avery M.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2020

Comfortable & Convenient

We’re in the orange county area and wanted to spend a quick night in nature with friends under the stars. As someone who prefers dispersed camping, it did feel like a bit of a ‘luxe’ experience. There are on site bathrooms, dumpsters, and water spouts. Each individual campsite has a pre built fire…

Tabitha H.
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2020

Close to Orange County but feels far

Blue Jay is very close to most of Orange County so it’s a great easy camp if you just want to be away but don’t want the big drive. Sites were nice but we were very lucky to be there when it was pretty empty. I read some yelp reviews that said it can get a bit loud with parties but I guess that’s…

Harout  K.
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2020

Great family friendly place

My wife and I have been coming up here for years. We used to use her parents fifth wheel or use a cabin but recently purchased our own travel trailer. Now we come up here with our kids and I can’t say enough about how family friendly it is.

G
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2019

A hidden gem in the city

This is a military only RV Park. Very clean, cement slab, walking paths well lit and near to many areas to explore. Wetlands on the base and birds galore.

• Wetlands
  • All within a short walk
  • Quiet in the city
Morgan F.
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2019

Secluded but easily accessible

When I lived in San Clemente, this was a great campground just to get away! This campground can get rowdy because it is so easily accessible but nothing too crazy! Great views especially at sunset!

Dominique L.
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2019

Perfect for a quick trip!

Feels like you’re in the middle of nowhere but so close to home! Perfect for a quick night trip. My friend and I decided at 8 pm that we wanted to go camping. It’s a first come first serve but there was only one other camper there. The fee is $20 self pay per night. Clean sites, with bathrooms,…