About San Clemente State Beach
San Clemente State Beach is located in California
11 Reviews of San Clemente State Beach
Great Sunsets and Views

San Clemente State Park is a great place to go camping and enjoy the beach. The campground is located on a bluff that offers great views up and down the coast. It's also a great place to catch the sunset.

The facilities are very clean but bring quarters for the showers.  It's close to the freeway but I didn't hear anything. There were a few helicopters and Ospreys that flew over from Camp Pendleton Marine Base that made for a good airshow.

My favorite place

We go every summer and the group keeps getting bigger. I love the trees, views and even the skunks (the are tame and love pizza). The walk up from the beach is a little tough, but the lifeguards are super nice and helpful if you need assistance. I always come home with a nice tan and great calfs. The upside of the walk is that there aren't as many people as down the beach by the public parking.

San Clemente state park

This is a great campground located less than one minute from the beach. This is the obvious plus to the campground. As it is a State park, parking on all the other state beaches is included at the price.

My biggest complaint is that the sites are so close to each other. There is essentially no privacy between your neighbors. Full hookups are available and are pull through sites. Restrooms and showers are also available. Firewood is available for $7 a bundle at the entrance but it’s just lightweight pine that burns quick. We brought our own wood.

The beach is about a minute away driving and is a great family beach. The sand is soft and there is lots of room, especially not on a holiday weekend. We have been coming to this beach for years as a family and it is one of my favorites.

Go to camp spot

Nice, clean, easy access for trailers/rv’s. Not an easy or quick access to the beach from the rv and tent areas, so just plan on spending time there!

Sandy Campsite with Ocean Views

Campsites offer nice sunset views of the ocean.  Sandy spots are covered and include a table and BBQ grill.  It was not crowded for being the middle of the week.

Great Beach Camp

We tent camped here. The campground is large, so most spaces have a lot of room. Lots of amenities for those that need them. Short walk to the beach. Some seasons, the beach is very rocky and difficult to swim.

A great campground close to the beach

We love this campground! It's close to home and easy to access. The beach is pretty close to the campgrounds. Restrooms and showers are fine. We have an RV and this is a great campground for your rig. It has full hook-ups (water, electricity, sewer). All the RV sites are pull- through. Some of the sites have very limited grass/ground area if you want to also pitch a tent on your RV site. You get a good breeze since the sites are close to the ocean.

Full hookups near the ocean!

Paved spots. Full hook ups. Short walk to the beach!

San Clemente love

I stayed out there for about a week, unforgettable moments.

the view of the beach, the ocean breeze, the sunsets and sunrises, this campsite has it all.

pretty spacey too, nice showers and bathrooms . Highly recommend it.

Ranger Review: Boost Oxygen + Renogy E.TUNES Solar Bluetooth Speaker + TredAgain Hawthorne at San Clemente SB

Campground Review

[ LOCATION -5 Stars ]

• Less than 2 miles from Amtrak Station & Metrolink at the San Clemente Pier. We took the train from LA Union Station and walked along the beach to San Clemente SB.
  • Private beach access and really nice Day Use Area accessible from the campgrounds. Swing by the visitor center & gift shop on the way!
  • Great if you love surfing! San Clemente is a total surf town and the campgrounds is an easy walk to where all the surfers go to catch waves
  • Convenient to lots of liquor stores and restaurants along El Camino Real. There is easy access near the Butterfly Trail to get to the main road.

[ AMENITIES -5 Stars ]

• Hot showers that accept CA State Park tokens. 2 tokens for $1. Each token buys you 2 minutes time.
  • You can purchase firewood at the check-in area for $7 a bundle
  • Sites are HUGE! You can visibly see your neighbors but there is plenty of space separating sites. Some people had 7-8 tents on their site with up to 14 people. You’re technically not supposed to, but the Park Rangers seemed to be really chill about it.
  • Sites come with 2 parking spots, a charcoal grill, fire ring, picnic table and shade canopy (no bear box). Also, this place is super hammock friendly. Everyone straps their hammocks to the legs of the shade canopy.

[ CLEANLINESS -4 Stars]

• Restrooms are stocked with toilet paper, but they get completely depleted by the morning. Rangers come around daily to replenish, but it doesn’t hurt to bring some extra with you.
  • There aren’t too many bugs or ants here, but there isn’t too much wildlife either besides birds. You don’t have to worry too much about squirrels or raccoons.
  • Campers are mixed between families and the party crowd. The party crowd aren’t great at cleaning up after themselves so some sites are a little littered.

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time - this weekend I tested the new and improved Boost Oxygen Cans, Renogy’s E.TUNES Solar Bluetooth Speaker, and TredAgain Hawthorne Sneaker Boots.

[Boost Oxygen Cans]

I went camping for New Years weekend and wanted to see how these work for hangovers. The cans say “Hangover Reliever” so I thought I would give it a shot after partying into 2018. First off, I really like their new and improved cans. I’ve used their older canister design in the past, and the mouthpiece on the new cans delivers oxygen to the mouth much more efficiently and comfortably. Also, the cans are ridiculously light so they barely add any weight to your pack which is great when backpacking. I tried the Natural flavor this time, but I think I still prefer the Peppermint and Pink Grapefruit. The natural flavor was missing that sensation of inhaling anything, but I guess that means Boost has achieved the “natural” effect! The medium can is perfect for 1 person, and the large can was great for sharing. As for my hangover, it definitely improved my recovery! I used an ENTIRE medium can to myself the next morning after drinking, and I felt less nauseous, and dizzy. I wouldn’t claim my hangover disappeared completely, but there is no doubt that it alleviated some of the side effects.

[Renogy E.Tunes Solar Bluetooth Speaker]

I am so in love with this speaker! The sound on it amplifies loud, clear, and crisp. Even at the loudest volume, the sound is great. The battery on it lasts surprisingly long. We kept it going at medium volume for about 5 hours with battery to spare for the next day. The solar panel is on the small side so it doesn’t recharge that fast, but it does just fine if you’re only using it to play music. If you want to charge other devices (such as a phone) don’t expect too much. The speaker also comes with a strap which I attached to my backpack. This thing is durable! It was swinging around my pack, getting dropped to the ground, getting bumped against things as I hiked, and it can take a beating. I love that it’s waterproof as well. The flashlight on it is also super bright. It came in handy when I was looking for items inside my tent at night.

It's a fantastic speaker if you're on the search for it. I also love the red cover that I selected for the speaker. It adds some extra flair, AND also makes it super easy to spot out when I'm fumbling around for gear. This little guy comes with me on all my adventures!

[TredAgain Hawthorne Boots]

I love the way the Hawthorne boots look. It’s a good mix between urban and outdoorsy. The leather is made with super soft and high quality suede, and the rubber soles are sturdy. We took them camping and they got really dusty, but a little warm water and a rag was able to clean them surprisingly very easily. My husband wears a size 13 and he says these ran a little on the small side. He suggested that sizing up a full size would’ve been more comfortable, especially with wool socks. They are great for going around town, but aren’t for anything technical. He wore them on a 4 mile hike and they were on the heavy side. He got some blisters on the back of his ankles, so they do require some breaking in (like most shoes). We love the style and the quality, but they definitely aren’t meant for performance shoes. He’ll be wearing them for more casual outings around town though!