- location; easy to get to from LA County
- lots of campsites
- showers (bring quarters and the cost is $1.00 for @5 minutes
- playground and splash pad kept the youngins entertained
- no lighting in restrooms; it was somewhat difficult taking my two toddlers to the restroom to potty in the evening before we turned in
- restrooms got really nasty in the evenings; it would be nice if the restrooms were cleaned multiple times a day
- non-enforcement of quiet hours; there were a few groups that were having too much fun well past midnight and no ranger/staff around to ensure quiet hours were adhered to
- ants galore; ants, ants and more ants and they got into everything
- no fishing allowed due to toxic algae
- horrible cow dung smell permeated the air
This would be a great park but there are a lot of flies due to it being near cow fields. Well it is Chino. Great Lake for fishing. Large campground. The spots are nice. Hook ups.
The sites here are pretty nice and far enough apart to have some privacy. With the local dairies are more insects than many campgrounds. Can be annoying. Some of the grassy areas have thorny stickers in them. Overall, nice camping if you’re OK with a few bugs. If I member correctly, summertime has more flies than you might really want.
There is frisbee golf and many activities. Lots of space and very gorgeous. Does get hot in the summer
I grew up around in the area so I have been to this park quite a few times for a few different reasons. It is a very expansive and versatile area. There is a lake that is view able from almost every area. They have camping, horse back riding ( near by that rides through the park), disc golf course, fishing, and events. I have gone to the civil war re-enactment they hold every year. I participated in a 5K mud run. This is on top of visiting to use the disc golf course, have a picnic and go horse back riding via a close by equestrian farm. Its a beautiful park that has many different uses that can fill up your weekend.
It does cost about $8-10 to enter the park per vehicle.
I believe the campsite run $40-50 depending on day of week and events and this included hookups.