Camping in Tusayan

52 Reviews of 5 Tusayan Campgrounds

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2021

Perfect

Easy to get to, lots of space, sites of all sizes! Make sure you go deep enough to see all the dispersed sites, there are plenty of them. Enough space in between to keep things private and its not a far hop to town if you need something.

Katy S.
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2021

Dispersed camping outside Grand Canyon. Secluded.

This place was great. The road is right outside the GC south rim entrance. As others have said, you won't start seeing campsites until AFTER the stable. If I didn't know that, I would have called it a bust and turned around. We arrived on a Wednesday night and passed several cars/RV's before…

Cassidy M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2021

It Worked Out

I had planned on camping on FR 328, but I had also planned on arriving much earlier than I did! I passed by Bedrock City (old Flinstone theme park) and felt there was no option but to go in. I wasn’t too worried as it was a Sunday evening, but upon arriving at 328 it was completely full! I then…

• Play button icon
SiteDispersed
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2021

Alone in the woods

Super easy to get to, just take the last left available before getting into GC on Moqui Dr. and drive all the way down past the stables and you will see sites open up, plenty to choose from. The first little bit of the road is clearly marked no camping. Picked a nice little secluded spot not very…

Sitebeats me
Heather E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2021

Right outside South Gate

Great dispersed sites. Probably at least 15 or so sites. Most have fire pits and plenty of space. Nothing extra special other than the fact that it’s free camping not even 5 minutes from the South Gate of Grand Canyon NP.

Bruce F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2021

Great spot

Really nice spot big enough for 4-6 trucks. We got to hear coyotes all night. Pretty nippy that night. Right at the gate of the Grand Canyon. Had a few people come flying by since the road is right at the camp site but it wasn’t too bad.

tThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Great spot

Road was very easy to get down. The space we found was really great. It is set off the road quite a bit, lots of open space and 2 firepits with plenty of firewood everywhere. Highly recommend spot on this road

36.0040179, -112.1517541

Morgan A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Super secret get away!!

First of all this campground was easy to navigate and the roads are accessible to all vehicles(I drove my 2016 Ford Escape)! You cannot camp the first 1/4 of a mile but it’s clearly marked. Pass the stables you’ll begin to see sites pop up. I cannot begin to describe how pretty it is out here. You…

• the site I chose! tucked back from the road far enough to be private
  • the dirt road that you take to reach the sites
  • elk early in the morning
    Play button icon
Wally B.
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

GC Part two:

The campsite was worth coming to twice! We drove in on a Sunday night and had many sites to choose from. The road to access the spot was very nice and the campsites were pretty clean.

Sitedeep
A
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

100% Recommend - Remote Working Not an Issue

I work remotely and the hubs works for my company onsite. We have been staying on FS near Williams. But following the 14 days and moving 25+ miles away forced us to take a quick leap up to Tusayan. We have a great spot about a mile in. Tourism companies use this FS road so it is wonderfully…

• Play button icon
d
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Nice dispersed spot

Go past stables to find plenty of pull outs for camping, right by south entrance

K
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Excellent, A+ dispersed sites!

Very nice free dispersed sites right outside of Grand canyon N.P.. Plenty of options, very large & secluded. Turn onto Moqui Dr off of 180, then left onto forest Rd 328. The 1st 1/4 mile is no camping, go past the stables & youll find plenty of pull off sites. Made fire pits at most. Lots…

Sitedispersed. 1 mile down fire Rd 328
Jacob T.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Easy and beautiful

The road is well marked and the sites are large and flat. We got set up very easily and had beautiful views.

The temperature at night and in the early morning was very cool. Warmed up quickly in the late morning.

Brenda K.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Nothing short of amazing!

We loved our stay here.  The site was well maintained and the scenery was perfect.

Jessica S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Nice and basic!

Plenty of spots, just go past the stables and you’ll see the site lined along the road. The sites are pretty big and private, I recommend tucking yourself as far back as possible to stay away from the dust kicked up by passing cars. Also, lots of yellow jackets so be careful if you’re allergic!