The best GROUP camping near
Oxbow Estates , ARIZONA

Most Recent Oxbow Estates Camping Reviews
Mountain Biking Haven!

Stayed in the Youth Group Campsite on a Scout outing. Rode several trails, including part of the big Pemberton Loop. Everyone was friendly and our group site was well maintained. Rode through RV campground and used bathrooms on our big ride. They were clean. RV campground seemed nice.

Free BLM land

There are multiple spots to choose from along this dirt road (Bloody Basin Rd) to pull off and camp. The road is nicely graded and fairly smooth with a few sections of washboard and rocky spots. We did fine in our 26 ft class C but drive with caution as some of the pull outs do not have turn around areas and there are deep ruts and washouts to navigate around.

There is no water, garbage or any other amenities so pack in and out whatever you bring, and pack out some more if you’re so inclined. Lots of debris left behind by shooters.

Nice area with trails to hike or bike around. There are quite a lot of ATVs but they were not as bothersome as some of the areas we’ve camped in. You can hear the highway noise and see light pollution from Phoenix but it was not horrible. We did see some shooting garbage, targets and shells laying around but did not hear any shooting when we were there. My dog did get sprayed by a skunk during the daylight about 10 yards from our spot so be aware of wildlife!

We did see a park ranger while we are there which is always nice.

Weak but usable Verizon and AT&T coverage but not enough to stream anything.

Free BLM / Listed on Google maps as a museum

You can find this spot on Google maps listed as a museum under "Apache Trail Corral" or "Old Corral," not sure why!

Very weak, almost unusable verizon or AT&T at site itself, but if you walk up the hill behind the corral you get excellent service.

Motorcycles and cars racing up and down the road almost all night, very loud. Good for an overnight but too close to the busy road and too loud to stay longer.

If you go down the other side of the corral there are a couple more spots that are a little more secluded, but you’ll need a high clearance vehicle to navigate the ruts.

Desert camping

There is many different pull through spots off this road. Pack it in and pack it out. Many different wildlife animals out. Great views.

Cozy spot in the woods

Heavily wooded area with tons of space for dispersed sites. Road is in great shape and easy for our travel trailer to make it in. Camping spots are towards the beginning of the road you turn off of, so don’t drive all the way down to the water like we did lol

Great place!

Great place! Hosts were friendly and very helpful!

Large Sites - Really Dusty

I camped here with my two dogs at the end September. I wanted to get a spot on the rim but it was full. Actually everything was really full. I'm glad I came up on a Friday afternoon otherwise I'm not sure where I wouldn't have gotten a site. The sites are large and fairly wooded. But super dusty. I planned on staying 3 nights but on Sunday afternoon almost everyone was gone. I couldn't see another camper from my site. Then a bit before dusk some guy stopped by to ask me for an air pump. Being a single woman (but with two dogs) it made me uncomfortable. Better safe than sorry. Packed it up and went home to take a much needed shower. It's a great location for visit the local lakes. I went to both Bear and Knoll lake in my Prius. (-:

Beauty in a prickly world!

The map shows McDowell twice but there is only one. It us about 23K acres of beautiful desert surrounded by the Superstition Mountains. Clean campground and pretty quiet. Flush toilets, showers available in the RV campground. Fun MTB, hiking trails. We camped here twice in December 2020 because we liked it so much.. tent camping is $22/night. Highly recommend.

Westworld surprise

Great location! Nice views of the compound which normally hosts car and horse shows. Electric and water available as hookup. Common dump site available upon entry as well as during your stay. Fabulous shopping restaurants all in close proximity in North Scottsdale. Also convenient to highway system!

Great trails. Clean park.

Nice park just outside of Scottsdale. Fun mountain bike trails. Clean bathrooms. Quiet in late December. Only 5 or 6 tent campers here. $22 night for tent site. We parked in our van. Can use showers at RV camp area. Great spot.